Welcome to the VanDyke Software Forums

Join the discussion today!

Go Back   VanDyke Software Forums > General

Old 08-17-2009, 04:18 AM

SSH v2 error with Cisco 2821 Router

Dear everyone;
I have a problem when using ssh v2 mode to connect to cisco 2821 router.
Cisco IOS version is 124-24.T1 and my SecureCRT is 5.0.3 (build 1040).When I connect
to this router,it shows nothing in SecureCRT,and when I telnet the router's IP with
port 22,it shows SSH-2.0-Cisco-1.25.After I use linux ssh client it works fine.So I
think it is not the problem of cisco configuration and I found log of router which
shows invalid module length.Hope for the answer soon,thx!
Old 08-17-2009, 11:02 AM
VanDyke Technical Support

Hello stevezhang,

To fix the "invalid modulus length" error, open the .ini file associated with the session you are dealing with and manually change the following line from:
Code:
D:"GEX Preferred Size"=000007fe     to:  
D:"GEX Preferred Size"=00000800
To implement this resolution to all future sessions, you will want to also edit "Default.ini".

Sessions are in the config folder, the location of which is found in the 'General' category of SecureCRT's Global Options.

Does changing the above entry in the .ini file resolve the "invalid modulus length" error?

VanDyke Software
Technical Support
support@vandyke.com
(505) 332-5730
Old 06-04-2010, 02:07 PM

New Error after changing this in the .ini file

I did this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgagnon
Hello stevezhang,

To fix the "invalid modulus length" error, open the .ini file associated with the session you are dealing with and manually change the following line from:
Code:
D:"GEX Preferred Size"=000007fe     to:  
D:"GEX Preferred Size"=00000800
and now I get the following on the cisco console:

%SSH-4-SSH2_UNEXPECTED_MSG: Unexpected message type has arrived. Terminating the connection

and SCRT gives a message:

SecureCRT has disconnected from the server. Reason: This server's host key failed to verify. This could mean that the server you are connecting to is impersonating the server it claims to be. A connection could not be established.
Old 06-04-2010, 02:36 PM
VanDyke Technical Support

Hi jerryroy1,

I am sorry to hear that you are having difficulty with an older version of SecureCRT. It is hard to say what might be happening.

What is the specific version of SecureCRT that you are using?

Trace Options output provides debugging information that may help us better understand the problem that you're experiencing.

To enable trace options output, click on the File pull down menu and select Trace Options. If you click the File pull down menu again you should see a check mark next to Trace Options, indicating that trace options output is now enabled.

With Trace Options enabled, you will notice debugging information displayed in the terminal window that isn't normally there by default when SecureCRT is attempting to establish a connection, and at certain times throughout the lifetime of the connection.

Once the problem occurs, you can use the Select All and Copy options from within the Edit menu to transfer the information to the Windows clipboard, and then paste this information into a text editor and save the data as a file.

Trace options output can contain information that does not belong in a public forum. Would you send the file as an attachment to support@vandyke.com with a subject of Attn: Todd - Forum Thread 3777.

VanDyke Software
Technical Support
support@vandyke.com
505-332-5730