Welcome to the VanDyke Software Forums

Join the discussion today!

Go Back   VanDyke Software Forums > SecureCRT on the Mac

Notices

Old 02-24-2015, 05:02 AM

Filter by session name

Hello,

in Session Manager tree it is quite handy to use the search "Filter by session name" option. Here you do search for a session string matching and open it via double click.

It would be nice when closing the search (x) to have Session Manager to keep position where the just searched session is located.
Currently the behaviour is that clearing the search bring back to the original tree position.

Thx,
Sez.
Old 02-24-2015, 08:28 AM
VanDyke Technical Support

Hello Sez,

I guess it is not clear to me why you would clear the search until you are finished with the results that were found.

Could you explain in more detail what you are trying to accomplish?

VanDyke Software
Technical Support
support@vandyke.com
(505) 332-5730
Old 02-24-2015, 10:39 AM

Hello,

I do have a quite long session tree with several folders (and subfolders) in it.
The more used ones have '_' and '__' as initial characters to keep them at top.

When I need to look at not recent ones, I use the "filter by session name tree" instead of opening up the session tree. Typically I might need to also open all the session that are stored in that specific folder since they all relate to same project/demo/task.
Unfortunately I don't remember all individual names so after successfully search the first session with partial session name I still have to dig all the session tree to get access to remaining ssh's sessions.

So I was thinking that it would be awesome if, after a search that end up with opening up a session, we clear the search and keep focus on that folder.

Thx,
S.
Old 02-24-2015, 12:51 PM
VanDyke Technical Support

Hello Sez,

Thanks for the clarification.

I have added this thread to a feature request in our product enhancement database to maintain selected session and parent folder of match when filter field is cleared. Should a future release of SecureCRT include this feature, notification will be posted here.

If you prefer direct email notification, contact support@vandyke.com and include "Feature Request - Forum Thread #11893" in the subject line.

VanDyke Software
Technical Support
support@vandyke.com
(505) 332-5730