Welcome to the VanDyke Software Forums

Join the discussion today!

Go Back   VanDyke Software Forums > SecureCRT on the Mac

Old 08-28-2012, 08:49 AM

How to disable switching between tabs by mouse"

Hello,

even if the feature to switch between tabs by mouse is nice, but I'm often to fast if I want to scroll up/down inside a tab and end up in a different tab then.

Can this function alone be switched off in some way?

Generally it might be better to just switch between tabs on left/right instead of up/down, when using magic mouse.

Kind Regards,

Andreas
Old 08-28-2012, 10:43 AM

Hello akalb,

Are you saying that you are experiencing problems as a result of the mouse's scroll-wheel switching tabs, and would like to disable it?

Can you let us know the version of SecureCRT and the operating system you're running it on?
[http://www.vandyke.com/support]
Old 08-29-2012, 02:14 AM

How to disable switching between tabs by mouse?

Hello,

yes, but not making a SW-failure responsible but more likely my mouse-handling. I'm using Version 7.0.0 (build 318) - Beta Release - June 19, 2012 and now upgraded to Version 7.0.1 (build 374) - Official Release - August 28, 2012, where I feel it the same.

As mentioned, if there's a slight move (which I'd say is not easy to prevent on magic mouse) once I'm on one tab, I get switched to a different one, so I'd like to disable that feature like you described.

Kind Regards,

Andreas
Old 08-29-2012, 10:31 AM

Andreas,

It sounds like when one tab has focus, if you touch the mouse at all then another tab comes to the foreground. I'm not sure what "magic mouse" is sending but I think the mouse settings may need to be changed. I haven't been able to simulate the behavior through any combination of keypresses and mouse swipes.

Which operating system / version are you running SecureCRT on?

In SecureCRT's Global Options / Terminal / Tabs, is CTRL+TAB switches to most recently used tab enabled?
Old 08-30-2012, 02:27 AM

How to disable switching between tabs by mouse?

Hi,

the Magic Mouse differs from other devices a bit. Besides the usual mouse-movements, it allows various kinds of gestures like on a trackpad. So moving fingers up/down are like a scroll-wheel-up/down and causing a tab-switch.

Version I use on Mac is 10.7.4 on MacBook Pro.

Kind Regards,

Andreas
Old 08-30-2012, 09:27 AM

Do you have any trouble using the MacBook Pro trackpad with SecureCRT?
Old 09-05-2012, 08:58 AM

Hello,

I never tried that. I always use the MacBook closed and a separate keyboard, large screen and the Magic Mouse, which has alone some benefits.

So it looks that function cannot get disabled, never mind, then I'll live with it. Might be nice to cover as feature-request.

Kind Regards,

Andreas
Old 09-05-2012, 10:27 AM

It's not really a SecureCRT function to enable or disable. The effect you're seeing with the magic mouse is the equivalent of Ctrl-Tab or Ctrl-Shift-Tab, but I don't know how that signal is being sent to SecureCRT. I assume the operating system picks up the magic mouse gestures and relays the meaning of the gesture to the active application, SecureCRT in this case. I'll ask our developers to investigate and will post a follow up message here if there's more information we can provide. If you would like email notification about this, please let us know and refer to forum thread 10643.

Last edited by miked; 09-05-2012 at 10:27 AM. Reason: clarification - added "SecureCRT" to say it's not a SecureCRT function to enable or disable.