Welcome to the VanDyke Software Forums

Join the discussion today!

Go Back   VanDyke Software Forums > General

Old 01-27-2009, 10:29 PM

Feature Requests

SecureFTP

It would be nice if there was a noticeably different visual and audible alert when over-writing a newer file than over-writing an older file. Even having the option to "block uploads" to a window in a session would be nice, perhaps even a checkbox at the top of the window.

I've lost changes because I sent a file in the wrong direction even though I usually try to force myself to use a local CVS server.

SecureCRT

The buttons at the bottom are a nice addition. It would be nice to be able to add/remove visible rows of buttons, like a table, in a grid. In addition, it would be nice to have some formatting control of the button itself as far as being able to center text or add a custom icon rather than having the green icon with description.

A right-click start/stop recording keystrokes would be a nice feature for the buttons.

A minor feature would be to allow for word-wrapping rather than just character-wrapping.

These features would improve the use of SecureCRT for shell access as well as muds.
Old 01-28-2009, 09:23 AM
VanDyke Technical Support

Hi jeepndesert,

Quote:
It would be nice if there was a noticeably different visual and audible alert when over-writing a newer file than over-writing an older file. Even having the option to "block uploads" to a window in a session would be nice, perhaps even a checkbox at the top of the window.

I've lost changes because I sent a file in the wrong direction even though I usually try to force myself to use a local CVS server.
Have you tried using the Synchronize option (Tools / Synchronize)? This will only upload, download if the file is newer.

I have added three feature requests to our development database for the ability to customize the button bar, change the layout view of the button bar and record keystrokes when editing a button.

We will post to this forum if a future release of SecureCRT has any of these features implemented.

If you would like to be notified directly, please send an email to support@vandyke.com with a subject of "Attn: Todd -- feature request in forum post #3410."

VanDyke Software
Technical Support
support@vandyke.com
505-332-5730
Old 11-10-2015, 11:33 AM
VanDyke Product Director

The ability to specify different colored icons for buttons on the button bar has been added to a pre-beta version of SecureCRT. If you'd like to try it, please send email to me at Maureen.Jett@vandyke.com.

Maureen