Welcome to the VanDyke Software Forums

Join the discussion today!

Go Back   VanDyke Software Forums > General

Old 06-11-2012, 01:40 PM

"pointer" to password

I have hundreds of devices I have to manage. The devices all run authenticate via RADIUS which is married to an AD domain. The AD domain dictates all passwords have to be changed every 3 months. So, each time I have to change my password all of my saved connections become incorrect. I know I can change the password on several saved connections at once but not all of my connections are created equally (some require me to bounce through another router/switch, some are telnet, etc...).

There is an excellent feature in KeePass called "Field References" (http://keepass.info/help/base/fieldrefs.html) that allow entries to share a common field (password for instance). This is great, because in KeePass I change my password in one place and all of the other entries are "updated". Is there a similar feature in SecureCRT?

TIA!
Old 06-11-2012, 01:51 PM

Hello snickered,
Thanks for posting your question. SecureCRT provides two methods for modifying a setting, such as a password, in multiple sessions. You can either make changes to all sessions by changing the default session, or you can make changes to multiple sessions through the Connect window.

For either method, assuming you need to change the saved SSH2 password, in the Connection / SSH2 category do the following:
  • Select Password
  • Press the Properties button
  • Enable the Store password checkbox
  • Enter the password in the entry boxes
[http://www.vandyke.com/support]