VanDyke Software Forums

Go Back   VanDyke Software Forums > General
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-06-2014, 06:52 PM

Session Manager is detached. How to revert back

I accidentally undocked the Session Manager from the main pane. Or a better term is the Session Manager is detached and floating on my desktop rather than the old way. I can't figure out how to reattach to the left-hand side. Any ideas?
Old 04-07-2014, 07:03 AM
VanDyke Technical Support

Hi chax8cam,

If you left click on the Session Manager title bar, and drag it over the SecureCRT program window, you should see icons with an arrow pointing either up, down, left or right (see graphic Icons to redock Session Manager.png). There is also a center icon that contains all of the directional arrows which can be used. When you see these icons, you can hover over one with your mouse pointer. At this point, you should see the portion of the SecureCRT program window that will dock the Session Manager highlighted (see graphic Hover over icon.png). If you "drop" the Session Manager on the icon by releasing the left mouse button it should be docked.

Does this help you dock the Session Manager?
Attached Images
File Type: png Icons to redock Session Manager.png (30.7 KB, 1715 views)
File Type: png Hover over icon.png (73.6 KB, 1318 views)

VanDyke Software
Technical Support
support@vandyke.com
505-332-5730
Old 04-10-2014, 12:39 PM

Session Manager is detached.

I believe this has always been the case with the MAC version. Is there a way to dock the session manager window. I would like to be able to dock the sessmgr. The process you document will not work on the Mac version.

Thanks,
Manny
Old 04-10-2014, 12:50 PM

Hi Manny,

Thanks for the post. You are correct. SecureCRT on Mac OS X still uses the Connect dialog as of 7.2.x. When SecureCRT on Mac OS X does have a Session Manager, the method to dock and undock the Session Manager may be different than on Windows.

We will post to this thread when the Session Manager is available in SecureCRT on Mac OS X.

If you would like to be notified directly, please complete and submit the form at the following location:
Submit Feature Request

VanDyke Software
Technical Support
support@vandyke.com
505-332-5730
Old 04-15-2014, 08:47 AM
VanDyke Product Director

The dockable session manager is now available in a pre-beta version of SecureCRT and SecureFX for Mac and Linux. If you would be interested in trying it, please send email to me at Maureen.Jett@vandyke.com.

Maureen
Old 11-13-2014, 10:44 AM

Hi All,

For those having difficulty docking the Session Manager, it is possible (on all platforms) to dock the Session Manager by double-clicking on the title bar.

VanDyke Software
Technical Support
support@vandyke.com
505-332-5730
Old 11-28-2015, 06:51 PM

Mac version has the same problom.

rtb:
Your suggestions do not work on the mac version. Do you have any other solution?
Old 11-30-2015, 09:57 AM

Hi thefun,

The double-click suggestion does work in 99% of cases on all platforms. There are some rare conditions that can cause it to fail (disabled Session Manager via the General category of Global Options after it became undocked).

What version of SecureCRT are you using?

On what specific Mac OS?

VanDyke Software
Technical Support
support@vandyke.com
(505) 332-5730
Old 09-09-2016, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgagnon View Post
Hi thefun,

The double-click suggestion does work in 99% of cases on all platforms. There are some rare conditions that can cause it to fail (disabled Session Manager via the General category of Global Options after it became undocked).

What version of SecureCRT are you using?

On what specific Mac OS?
I just downloaded the latest RedHat rpm and am having this issue. I'd love to have the session manager docked / expanded. The only configuration I can find is to have the button there, but the connections are not visible until I click on the tab Session Manager.
Old 09-09-2016, 09:27 AM

Smile Found it!

This is not intuitive ... but if you right click on any of the connections in the session manager, uncheck "auto hide session manager"
Old 09-09-2016, 10:11 AM

Hi cnanag,

To clarify, the prior forum posts were about the Session Manager being completely undocked (detached) and the user was unable to redock it. That is a rare situation (being unable to redock with a double-click) but it can happen if other config options are tried (such as disabling Session Manager entirely before you double-click the Session Manager title bar, which redocks to prior position when undocked 99.99% of the time).

The state you describe is auto hide (Session Manager retracted into a sidebar) versus being shown (not auto hide?). When Session Manager was first added (Windows v7.2.x, Mac/Linux v7.3.x), we did use the "regular state" (not hidden) as the default, but too many users were inadvertently undocking it and so we changed the default state to be auto hide since you *cannot* undock Session Manager when it is in auto hide mode. Now you have the full story.

Changes in SecureCRT 8.0 (Beta 4) -- March 10, 2016
---------------------------------------------------
  • The Session Manager's "auto hide" option is on by default.

Because, as you said, on Mac/Linux, auto-hide configuration is not very intuitive, I have added this thread to a feature request in our product enhancement database to make auto hide config an option in Global Options (SecureCRT/Mac/Linux, expose). Should a future release of SecureCRT include this feature, notification will be posted here.

If you prefer direct email notification, send an email to support@vandyke.com and include "Feature Request - Forum Thread #11455" in the subject line or use this form from the support page of our website.

VanDyke Software
Technical Support
support@vandyke.com
(505) 332-5730
Old 05-19-2017, 06:06 AM

Is it possible to dock session window to secureCRT main window? I would like the functionality like mRemote has.
Old 05-19-2017, 07:54 AM

Hi Michale7,

Please post a screenshot showing what it looks like for you presently.

VanDyke Software
Technical Support
support@vandyke.com
(505) 332-5730