VanDyke Software Forums

Go Back   VanDyke Software Forums > File Transfer
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-15-2017, 10:54 AM

SecureFX remarkably slow file transfers

Hello,
I am downloading a 1GB file from a networkly-near Linux host to my Windows 7 desktop using SecureFX 7.3.6. I am getting 1.9 MBps transfer speeds. It took 9 minutes and 33 seconds to transfer.

I thought this was tremendously slow, so as an experiment I downloaded the file using a Cygwin terminal and scp. The file arrived in 15 seconds, at a 70 MBps transfer speed.

Why was SecureFX so much slower than the scp? Mind you, I started the scp about 5 minutes into the SecureFX transfer, and it took place simultaneously with the SecureFX transfer.

Thanks.
Old 05-15-2017, 12:14 PM
VanDyke Technical Support

Hi Hushpuppy,

I'm sorry to hear you are having trouble.

What protocol are you using with SecureFX? This can be confirmed by right clicking on the session and choosing Properties then navigating to the Connection category.

To better diagnose any issues it may be helpful to review logging of a session. We do prefer to keep logs out of the forums as they have the potential to expose private data.

Can you enable logging, Options > Global Options > File Transfer > Options > Advanced and attempt a file transfer again. Once the transfer completes please email the log to Support@VanDyke.com with "Attn: Eric forum post 12700" in the subject.

VanDyke Software
Technical Support
support@vandyke.com
(505) 332-5730