Welcome to the VanDyke Software Forums

Join the discussion today!

Go Back   VanDyke Software Forums > General

Old 03-21-2014, 09:09 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to cburnham
Moving Multiple existing enries into folders?

HI, Does anyone know how to move multiple existing entries into folders> I can 't seem to nail this, and I have 500+ session to do this to.....
Old 03-21-2014, 09:18 AM
VanDyke Technical Support

Hi cburnham,

It is not currently possible to move multiple sessions at the same time using the SecureCRT Connect dialog or Session Manager. I have created a feature request to add this type of functionality. Should we add the ability to move multiple sessions at the same time, we will post to this thread.

If you would like to be notified directly, please complete and submit the form at the following location:
Submit Feature Request
In the meantime, you could open the configuration folder and move the sessions into folders using Windows Explorer. Does this work for you?

VanDyke Software
Technical Support
support@vandyke.com
505-332-5730
Old 03-21-2014, 09:29 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to cburnham
Thanks, this works. I am glad I am not crazy that I can't figure it out.
Old 03-21-2014, 10:49 AM
VanDyke Technical Support

Hi cburnham,

I am also glad you are not crazy.

If you anticipate having to move many sessions frequently, you may consider using the following:
  1. Display SecureCRT's button bar if it's currently not visible. There's a YouTube video that we've put together that shows an overview of using the SecureCRT button bar. If you're not familiar with the button bar, you might consider spending 5-7 minutes watching the video located at our YouTube channel site:
    http://www.youtube.com/vandykesoftware
  2. Create a button that is mapped to the "Launch Application" function that runs windows explorer to automatically browse to the location of your configuration folder using the following full command line:
    Explorer /e,/select,"shell:AppData"\VanDyke\Config\Sessions\"
    That's the short-hand way; you could always specify the full actual path including your username, etc. (e.g. C:\Users\my_user\appdata\roaming\VanDyke\...))
  3. Arrange, cut, paste, etc. folders and files as you would if you were in the Connect dialog -- except this time with the added functionality of being able to move multiple sessions into another folder all at once.
  4. The next time you open the Connect dialog in SecureCRT, the new session folder tree will be displayed as it's read in from the configuration folder.

VanDyke Software
Technical Support
support@vandyke.com
505-332-5730
Old 02-15-2017, 05:03 PM
VanDyke Product Director

The ability to move or copy multiple sessions in the Session Manager and Connect dialog has been implemented in a pre-beta version of SecureCRT and SecureFX. If you'd like to try it, please send email to me at Maureen.Jett@vandyke.com.

Maureen