Welcome to the VanDyke Software Forums

Join the discussion today!

Go Back   VanDyke Software Forums > Scripting

Old 12-07-2015, 09:09 AM

SecureCRT + Keepass

Hi all!!

i was surfing around the forum but i didn't find anything really usefull for my purpose.

I am trying to set up the SCRT session to use the Keepass DB to get the username and password.

Has anyone tried such solution? In case this cannot work there are alternatives?

Regards

Daniele
Old 12-07-2015, 01:38 PM
VanDyke Technical Support

Hi Daniele,

Thanks for the post. I have created a feature request to add some sort of Keepass integration to SecureCRT. We will post to this forum thread if we add such integration in the future.

If you would like to be notified directly, please complete and submit the form at the following location:
Submit Feature Request
We don't have any example scripts that illustrate how to use the Keepass API. Based on my investigation, it is not even clear if your goal can be accomplished since SecureCRT doesn't expose an API for use with third party applications. If someone in the community has done this, please feel free to post your example. If not, you may want to take a look at the Keepass website to see if they have any documentation for accessing Keepass outside of the program.

VanDyke Software
Technical Support
support@vandyke.com
505-332-5730
Old 12-24-2015, 10:24 AM

KeePass + Secure CRT

You can run Secure CRT from keepass and pass the username and password as arguments. Then you need a script to login to the device.

cmd://"C:\Program Files\VanDyke Software\SecureCRT\SecureCRT.exe" /SCRIPT "PathToScript\ScriptName.vbs" /ARG "{USERNAME}" /ARG "{PASSWORD}"

There is one issue I found using this method. The /T command line option doesn't work correctly when opening multiple entries at the same time. The arguments are global for each instance of SecureCRT so trying to open multiple entreies at the same time in tabs (/T option) caused each tab to get the last set of arguments passed. This resulted in me logging into the last device multiple times. When using /T option I need to remember to log into one device at a time (I wish someone would submit a Feature Request fix this issue as it is very annoying.)

As for the script look at ConnectSSH2.vbs on the https://www.vandyke.com/support/secu..._examples.html page. There is also a link to the Scripting Essentials guide which might be useful.

Use crt.Arguments(0) and crt.Arguments(1) to read the username and pasword in your script.
Old 12-24-2015, 10:46 AM
VanDyke Technical Support

Hi FrankE9999,

Thanks for posting the info.

Quote:
(I wish someone would submit a Feature Request fix this issue as it is very annoying.)
I guess you are that someone.

I have added this thread to a feature request in our product enhancement database to add a method for passing arguments on command-line to script or tab rather than application. Should a future release of SecureCRT include this feature, notification will be posted here.

If you prefer direct email notification, send an email to support@vandyke.com and include "Feature Request - Forum Thread #12181" in the subject line or use this form from the support page of our website.

(As a note, the behavior was initially reported and the feature request opened due to this post.)

VanDyke Software
Technical Support
support@vandyke.com
(505) 332-5730
Old 04-22-2019, 07:56 AM

Securecrt and keepass Intergration

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmatta View Post
Hi all!!

i was surfing around the forum but i didn't find anything really usefull for my purpose.

I am trying to set up the SCRT session to use the Keepass DB to get the username and password.

Has anyone tried such solution? In case this cannot work there are alternatives?

Regards

Daniele

Hello,

I have developed this small workarround to be able to store all the logins and password in Keepass and to call it when needed from securecrt. It works for me enough and I would like to share it.

This is the link:

https://github.com/kentron2019/Secur...ration_Keepass

Any doubt or question do not hesitate to ask.
Reagards.