Welcome to the VanDyke Software Forums

Join the discussion today!

Go Back   VanDyke Software Forums > Scripting

Notices

Old 04-06-2013, 01:42 AM

Request to specify tiles instead of tabs

Thanks Brenda,

Although I've used CRT for a long time, until now I've never got around to doing any scripting.

I've written a script that opens a new CRT instance with 3 tabbed connections to the same machine and runs the required commands in each tab.

However, whether the connections open as tabs or tiled windows appears to be dependent on how CRT was last closed. Is there anyway to force "ConnectInTab" to open tiled windows?

Is there anyway to adjust the size or position of the tiled windows via the scripting interface?

THANKS
Peter
Old 04-08-2013, 10:24 AM
VanDyke Technical Support

Hello Peter,

This time I did move your post, since it seems more appropriate for the scripting forum.

I agree with your description of the current behavior and therefore, these are both feature requests.

I have added this thread to two feature requests in our product enhancement database:
  • Option to set window size and position from a script
  • Option to specify connect in tile in a script
Should a future release of SecureCRT include this feature, notification will be posted here.

If you prefer direct e-mail notification, contact support@vandyke.com and include "Feature Request - Forum Thread #10980" in the subject line.

VanDyke Software
Technical Support
support@vandyke.com
(505) 332-5730
Old 04-11-2013, 09:51 PM

Hi Brenda,

Thought I'd already replied but mustn't have completed the post

Achieved most of what I want using a VBScript that opens 3 tiled windows and runs the necessary programs.

However, seems that whether the windows open as tiled or tabbed depends on how SecureCRT was last shut down. Can't find any way to control this behaviour or to explicitly set window size. Consequently some programs fail to open as the initial screen dimensions are too small.
Old 04-12-2013, 09:29 AM
VanDyke Technical Support

Hi Peter,

Maybe you did not see the prior response since I moved the post to a new thread in the Scripting forum (more appropriate).

As mentioned in my prior post, I have added this thread to an appropriate feature request.

VanDyke Software
Technical Support
support@vandyke.com
(505) 332-5730

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: