Welcome to the VanDyke Software Forums

Join the discussion today!

Go Back   VanDyke Software Forums > Secure Shell

Notices

Old 04-23-2007, 11:01 AM

GUI enhancement request for SecureCRT

Hi Maureen,

I just wanted to know if there's been any change in the development priority for implementing this GUI enhancement for SecureCRT.

I frequently have 50 or 60 tabs simultaneously open in SecureCRT, and it would be very convenient if there would be an option to specify a different background color for the active tab (or even to make the tab title bold), so that it's easier to see which tab is active when one glances at the tab bar.

Thanks again for considering this request.
Old 04-23-2007, 11:40 AM
VanDyke Product Director

Thanks for following up on this request. The active tab should have an orange bar across the top and the background should be a little brighter than
the inactive tabs. Do you see this in the version you're using or are you looking for something that stands out more?

Maureen
Old 04-23-2007, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maureen
Thanks for following up on this request. The active tab should have an orange bar across the top and the background should be a little brighter than
the inactive tabs. Do you see this in the version you're using or are you looking for something that stands out more?
Hi Maureen,

I'm afraid I am not seeing the orange bar and brighter active tab! I am using version 5.5.0 (build 371) on Windows 2000 Professional SP4. Is there another version that has this added functionality in it? Is it an OS-based issue (perhaps it shows up only on XP or Vista)?

Thanks.
Old 04-23-2007, 12:42 PM
VanDyke Product Director

Quote:
Originally Posted by habs
Hi Maureen,

I'm afraid I am not seeing the orange bar and brighter active tab! I am using version 5.5.0 (build 371) on Windows 2000 Professional SP4. Is there another version that has this added functionality in it? Is it an OS-based issue (perhaps it shows up only on XP or Vista)?

Thanks.
I just spoke with the developer who implemented this and the controls that do this are XP controls, which means that the change in appearance for the active tab won't show up under Windows 2000. Any plans to move to XP or Vista?

Maureen
Old 04-23-2007, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maureen
I just spoke with the developer who implemented this and the controls that do this are XP controls, which means that the change in appearance for the active tab won't show up under Windows 2000. Any plans to move to XP or Vista?
Ah, okay...I figured as much. Unfortunately, my workstation needs to run Windows 2000 in order to support some legacy applications which won't run under XP or Vista. I guess I'll have to make do without this enhancement. Thanks for your help, anyways!