Welcome to the VanDyke Software Forums

Join the discussion today!

Go Back   VanDyke Software Forums > Scripting

Notices

Old 05-28-2014, 03:29 PM

GUI game help needed

Here is my question, its a technical problem so am trying to simplify it as much as possible. So what I am trying to do might sound a bit weird.

Here is image that is needed for following explanation. http://tinyurl.com/p5g88mu

I want to use GUI to create a 2D game with grid of points. Now in that grid, I have some existing data point.( light green) and rest are missing ( not shown but one of the example missing point is shown in orange). Now I want to fill up all the missing data points by using a few light green points. Default case is the 4 light green points shown by arrows at the intersection of the arrows and the red and blue lines. Lets say I select a missing data point it should turn orange or red and all the light green data points corresponding to that should become dark green. Now I should be able to toggle between light and dark green data points and customize a set for each missing data point. I want to do this for all missing data points one by one.

Lets say that this is the game I want to build in python GUI. I wanted to ask if anyone can help me get started. I use python a lot but never did any GUI. I looked up web GUI examples they all seem quite simplistic and no where as complex. Python is what I am comfortable with but if this can be done using some other language I am willing to try.

Any help you can give is highly appreciated.
Old 05-28-2014, 03:52 PM
VanDyke Technical Support

Hi Agreedvedlama,

Thanks for the post. Your project does sound interesting, but this forum is specific to SecureCRT API scripting.

For help with graphics programming, you may want to search the internet for Python Graphics Programming. I found the following website that has information about packages that can be used with Python for programming graphics:
https://wiki.python.org/moin/GuiProgramming
Anyone else out there have suggestions?

VanDyke Software
Technical Support
support@vandyke.com
505-332-5730

Tags
gui , python

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: