Welcome to the VanDyke Software Forums

Join the discussion today!

Go Back   VanDyke Software Forums > General

Notices

Old 11-05-2020, 02:25 AM

Script editor, scratchpad can not change font size

Hi,
I'm testing the beta 2 version. I cannot change the font size of Script editor and scratchpad as well. My screen has 2K (QHD) resolution.
Please fix it.
Old 11-05-2020, 10:02 AM
VanDyke Technical Support

I've created a feature request for the ability to change the font size in the scratch pad and script editor components introduced in SecureCRT version 9.0 for Windows.

If the capability gets implemented, we'll post here. If you'd prefer email notification when it gets implemented, please send email:
  • To: support@vandyke.com
  • From: <The email address associated with your VanDyke Software download account>
  • Subject: ATTN: Please notify re Forum Post #14336 - scratchpad font size
  • Body: Here's my VanDyke Software download account email address: <insert_your_download_account_email_address_here> (if you're not sending the email from your download account email address)

Workaround
In the mean time, you can quickly adjust the size of the font in the scratch pad or the script editor as a temporary workaround:
  1. Hold down the Ctrl key on your keyboard.
    1. Scroll up with your mouse wheel to increase the size of the text in the editor
    2. Scroll down with your mouse wheel to decrease the size of the text in the editor
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/vandykesoftware
Email: support@vandyke.com
Web: https://www.vandyke.com/support
Old 11-07-2020, 06:54 AM

Hi Jdev,
I tried WA but it doesn't work.
Old 11-09-2020, 09:12 AM
VanDyke Technical Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by klc1802 View Post
I tried WA but it doesn't work.
Since you can't get the workaround to work and I can't get the workaround to fail, we'll need to do some more digging.
  1. On exactly what operating system and version do you have SecureCRT installed and running?
  2. What specific steps did you take to open the scratchpad?
  3. Are you using an external mouse with a scroll wheel, or are you using a laptop touchpad?
  4. When you hold down the Ctrl key on your keyboard and then scroll up with your mouse wheel when the mouse cursor is positioned somewhere inside the scratchpad area in the SecureCRT application, does *anything* happen, visually?
  5. When you hold down the Ctrl key on your keyboard and then scroll down with your mouse wheel when the mouse cursor is positioned somewhere inside the scratchpad area in the SecureCRT application, does *anything* happen, visually?
  6. Does Ctrl+Mouse-wheel-up/down activity perform any visual functionality inside of other applications on your system besides SecureCRT? For example, when you're viewing this web page in your web browser, does Ctrl+Mouse-wheel-up/down end up zooming in/out the web page in your browser?
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/vandykesoftware
Email: support@vandyke.com
Web: https://www.vandyke.com/support
Old 03-22-2021, 06:46 PM
VanDyke Product Director

The ability to change the font for the scratchpad and script editor has been added to a pre-beta version of SecureCRT.

If you would like to try it, please email me at Maureen.Jett@vandyke.com.

Maureen