Welcome to the VanDyke Software Forums

Join the discussion today!

Go Back   VanDyke Software Forums > General

Old 08-30-2006, 03:43 PM

Secure CRT - "Paste as Quotation" question

Is there a way to change the Post as Quotation character from ">" to something else, or to disable the Post as Quotation menu item?

Having ">"s show up accidentially on the command line when I mean to Copy & Paste but miss by one menu item can lead to particularly nasty results while working on a production system. I copy & paste a lot of filenames and have come close to bashing something inadvertantly a couple of times.

Thanks,
James
Old 08-30-2006, 05:31 PM

I can imagine how the '>' symbol could cause problems (as redirect among other things). We've received requests for the ability to specify the quote character and I've added your message to our request database. If this ability is added in a future release and you would like to be notified, please send a message to support@vandyke.com.

Since you were off by one I'm assuming you either wanted Copy and Paste or Select All. As an immediate workaround would you be willing to try mapping a key to perform that function?
[http://www.vandyke.com/support]
Old 01-08-2018, 02:05 PM
VanDyke Product Director

The ability to specify the quote character(s) and whether the pasted text should be inserted between the quote character(s) has been added to a pre-beta version of SecureCRT. If you would like to try it, please email me at Maureen.Jett@vandyke.com.

Maureen