Welcome to the VanDyke Software Forums

Join the discussion today!

Go Back   VanDyke Software Forums > General

Old 09-13-2008, 10:37 AM

Thumbs up Button bar - sessions

I've read thru many posts on the subject of the button bar, and I cannot seem to find the answer.

I updated to 6.1 SCRT/FX combo.

Trying to set up BB for the first time.

As I have hundreds of servers, I arrange my sessions in folders... some times folders under other folders (under folders).
It seems that if I have sessions under any folder than the "root" Session, the Map Button cannot find these sesions.

After about an hour of trial and error, I figured out that you need to include the entire path under the "Sessions".

eg. In the "Arguments" field I put in /s "Home\seraphim\external\seraphim - external"

Where the phyical path is c:\export\my docs\VanDyke\Sessions\Home\seraphim\external
And the session name is "seraphim - external"

You guys just need to worry about anything after "Sessions" from the above example. The default path for sessions is under "My Documents" I believe (I changed mine for backup purposes).

You'll need the quote the sessions where you have a space in between name.

Hope this helps others the button bar is a really welcome addition to SecureCRT!!

Well done guys and gals.
Old 09-15-2008, 09:37 AM

Talking

Hmm... after using the BB over the weekend, I would like to suggest and "enhancement" (if you will).

When you set up a button on the bar, the icon colour is green (by default).
I think that if it is not a huge development task, that the button should be grayed out until the session is connected and then the colour changes to green upon successful connection.

Or even better if you can assign colours to the button so that you can actually "see" which session is connected.
e.g. green = production servers; red =cisco router; purple=home systems etc
Old 11-10-2015, 12:34 PM
VanDyke Product Director

The ability to specify different colored icons for buttons on the button bar has been added to a pre-beta version of SecureCRT. If you'd like to try it, please send email to me at Maureen.Jett@vandyke.com.

Maureen