Welcome to the VanDyke Software Forums

Join the discussion today!

Go Back   VanDyke Software Forums > File Transfer

Notices

Old 12-01-2009, 04:13 PM

No files show up in remote window

I'm working with a SW vendor who told me to download a patch from their web site. I logged in, but all I see in the GUI window is the root directory. However, in the log pane, I can see the directory listing, it just never shows up in the GUI. I can put the path into the address field and change directory, in which case the folders I've traversed show up on the tree pane. The double-dot folder shows, but nothing else.

However, I was able to log in via MSDOS FTP and get the file -- no problems.

Any idea why the files don't show up using SecureFX? I'm on Beta 6.5.0 Build 358.
Old 12-02-2009, 07:40 AM
VanDyke Technical Support

Hi shoebear,

I am sorry to hear that you are having difficulty getting file listings to appear in the GUI portion of the remote window. It is possible that this is related to the lack of specificity in the FTP protocol for how a sever must send a file listing.

We would need to get a log for the SecureFX connection in which the file listing does not appear in the GUI, but does appear in the log pane. You can enable SecureFX to log connection data in the File Transfer / Options / Advanced category in the Global Options dialog. Because logs can contain sensitive information that is not suitable for a public forum, would you send the log file to support@vandyke.com as an attached file and with a subject of Attn: Todd - Forum Thread #4652.

VanDyke Software
Technical Support
support@vandyke.com
505-332-5730
Old 12-03-2014, 07:36 AM

Hi,
Was there any resolution to this issue? I have similar issue using 7.2.
I have 10 connections that are fine, but one has this issue.
In the GUI, I get a "tree view will not be available" notice.
Using sfxcli a '.' is added to the uploaded filename.
Thanks
Old 12-03-2014, 10:33 AM
VanDyke Technical Support

Hi PKapit,

Thanks for the post. To troubleshoot the two issues you are seeing, we really need to get log files. Please send an email to support@vandyke.com with a subject of Attn: Todd - Forum thread #4652.

Please include the serial number for your SecureFX license in the email and the attach the log files.

I don't see that we ever received an email from shoebear, so I can't say if this was resolved.

VanDyke Software
Technical Support
support@vandyke.com
505-332-5730

Last edited by rtb; 12-03-2014 at 10:36 AM.