Welcome to the VanDyke Software Forums

Join the discussion today!

Go Back   VanDyke Software Forums > General

Old 01-16-2017, 09:31 AM

FEATURE Mod: Recents/History

Hi Everyone,

Unless I'm missing something, it seems that the recents list under file only retains a session if it's configured in the session manager. My quick connects don't seem to be retained. Would be nice to have either a toggle for all recents, only saved sessions, or only quick connects.

I sometimes use the recents to remember where I left off troubleshooting something but if it doesn't include the quick connect history, it is a less complete picture.

Also, having the quick connect drop down a list of recent quick connects would be helpful too.

If I'm missing a setting, please let me know.

Thanks
Old 01-16-2017, 12:04 PM
VanDyke Technical Support

Hi cawfehman,

That's correct, currently the "recently used sessions list" only tracks saved session usage.

I have added this thread to the following feature requests in our product enhancement database:
  • Track ad hoc connections in recently used session list also

• Add recently used connection list to Quick Connect dialog
Should a future release of SecureCRT include either feature, notification will be posted here.

If you prefer direct email notification, send an email to support@vandyke.com and include "Feature Requests - Forum Thread #12577" in the subject line or use this form from the support page of our website.

If you need to connect to the remote more than once, what's the reason for not creating saved sessions?

Or, do you work with many connections that you will only need a few times?

VanDyke Software
Technical Support
support@vandyke.com
(505) 332-5730
Old 01-16-2017, 01:54 PM

Thanks for responding.

Sometimes it's laziness, sometimes it's because I'm connecting to a device that has multiple IPs on it, and I may have a session already created for that device using a different IP, but when looking at CDP/LLDP information, the listed IP information can be different than what I created my session for, so I'll just use a quick connect to jump to a neighbor device. Sometimes it's because I don't want to take my hands off the keyboard, and I just hit ALT+R and start typing the IP address. That being said, being able to hit ALT+R and then arrow down once or twice to select a recent connection (because I accidentally closed it, or closed it but need to get back into it) would be great!

My biggest feature request would be a split screen scrollback buffer. Basically when I start scrolling back through the buffer, the window splits into 2 windows, one with my CLI prompt that I can still use, and the other can scroll through the buffer without being affected by any input I put into the CLI prompt window. Hope that makes sense.

Thanks again
Old 01-16-2017, 02:12 PM
VanDyke Technical Support

Hi cawfehman,

I have also added this thread to a feature request in our product enhancement database for the ability to split the session window both horizontally and vertically (buffer). Should a future release of SecureCRT include this feature, notification will be posted here.

VanDyke Software
Technical Support
support@vandyke.com
(505) 332-5730