Welcome to the VanDyke Software Forums

Join the discussion today!

Go Back   VanDyke Software Forums > Secure Shell

Old 07-25-2005, 12:44 PM

cannot start SecureFX from SecureCRT

Somehow I cannot start SecureFX from SecureCRT, when I press on icon for secureFX inside SecureCRT I get the following dialog box:

"Show terminal only sesion while running SecureFX"

Can someone let me know how to get it working again?

Chris
Old 07-27-2005, 05:06 PM
VanDyke Customer Support

Hello Chris,
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrysek
Somehow I cannot start SecureFX from SecureCRT, when I press on icon for secureFX inside SecureCRT I get the following dialog box:

"Show terminal only sesion while running SecureFX"

Can someone let me know how to get it working again?

Chris
One of the new features in SecureFX and SecureCRT is the fact that they can now share the same sessions database. Because of this, each sessions .ini file stores connection information for both terminal and file transfer operation.

The message that you describe sounds like the session that you are using does not have a connection protocol defined for File Transfer operation. To resolve this, go to the Session options, in the Connection category. In here, you will see a Protocol area that allows you to define what protocol is used for File transfers and for terminal connections.

If you select a protocol and save the session information, does the SecureFX button now work normally for you?

Thanks,

-bocks
Old 08-01-2005, 09:54 AM

cool I will try that.
Old 08-01-2005, 09:59 AM

I installed Secure CRT and FX on new computer which did not have either program installed and it works sligltly better than what I described earlier (on a computer where I had secure CRT and FX installed and I just upgraded which gave me those problems).

Now when I have fresh installation problem is different.
In Secure CRT when I press on Secure FX icon I do get Secure FX window opened up but I get the following popup:
Cannot connect to sesion "my session" due to configuration problem
Why do I get this? what I did wrong?
Well if connection database is shared and I created connection entry under Secure CRT why it dos not share it correctly with Secure FX? Somehow it does not work... Please help. I got Secure FX because it would be easier for me to do my job and it is just confusing and not right.

Please help.

Chris
Old 08-01-2005, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrysek
I installed Secure CRT and FX on new computer which did not have either program installed and it works sligltly better than what I described earlier (on a computer where I had secure CRT and FX installed and I just upgraded which gave me those problems).

Now when I have fresh installation problem is different.
In Secure CRT when I press on Secure FX icon I do get Secure FX window opened up but I get the following popup:
Cannot connect to sesion "my session" due to configuration problem
Why do I get this? what I did wrong?
Well if connection database is shared and I created connection entry under Secure CRT why it dos not share it correctly with Secure FX? Somehow it does not work... Please help. I got Secure FX because it would be easier for me to do my job and it is just confusing and not right.

Please help.

Chris
Ok, I think I figured out. When I created session in Secure CRT it did put under Protocol File Transfer as none, I had to change it to SFTP and it started to work.

So I got it working with fresh install. I will still need to figure out why it is not working when I already had it configured and now I upgraded it. I will try what was suggested earlier.

Chris