Welcome to the VanDyke Software Forums

Join the discussion today!

Go Back   VanDyke Software Forums > General

Old 05-18-2011, 04:52 PM

i cant rename my tabs in securecrt

I have a problem when I connecting to routers with SecureCrt. In my Secure CRT when i use connect in tab I have folder Dynamit and list of routers inside this folder, names of routers is simple e.g R1, R2, R3...
But when I am connecting to GNS emulated routers I have title in tabs like this:
Quote:
Dynamips(3): R1, Console port
Quote:
Dynamips(4): R2, Console port
And I need rename this titles in tabs to the simple names (R1, R2, R3) every time when I starting work with my lab.
How can I resolve this problem?

Am using Version 6.6 securecrt.
Old 05-18-2011, 05:18 PM

Hello,

Thanks for posting. Titlebars or tabs are often renamed by the remote server through an escape sequence. Since the name of your tab does not match the name of your session, I think the remote may be renaming the tab on you. You can prevent the titlebar change by enabling Ignore window title change requests in SecureCRT's Session Options / Terminal / Emulation / Advanced.

If you want the name to be different than what it is when you connect, and the server is not changing the title, you can also set the name of the titlebar by enabling the Title bar entry box in Session Options / Terminal / Appearance. The title bar entry box allows you to enter text exactly as you want, plus you have an option to use variables (%H, %S, %U, %I, %P). More information about the Title bar entry box can be found in the Terminal/Apparance/Window section of SecureCRT's Help, in the Dialogs / Session Options Dialog / Terminal category.

Does this information help you resolve the title bar issue you're experiencing?
[http://www.vandyke.com/support]
Old 11-13-2013, 09:35 PM

Talking

@miked

I've been looking for hours to find out how I could make my tab name changes permeant for a given session. Your answer is what I was looking for!!!!! thank you so much, I registered in this forum just so i could thank you.

Quote:
you can also set the name of the titlebar by enabling the Title bar entry box in Session Options / Terminal / Appearance.