Welcome to the VanDyke Software Forums

Join the discussion today!

Go Back   VanDyke Software Forums > Scripting

Old 03-28-2009, 01:28 AM

User defined Status items

Hi There

I presume there is no user controlled facility whereby a sign can be set by a script to signal a user script enabled state? For instance on the status bar there is information avalable to the user.

Consider that I write a script to set the Logfile with custom log data in the "On each line" field (in my case %Y-%M-%D %hh%mm%ss%t) I would like my script to toggle a user defined button on the status bar to reflect that state. To function in exactly the same way as built in information e.g. CAPS on/off etc.

I am thinking there is probably not. I am also thinking that this would probably be very useful to many users. Hint hint..

As always thanks for any reply.
Old 03-28-2009, 11:15 AM

Quote:
I would like my script to toggle a user defined button on the status bar to reflect that state.
Hi slouw,

There's not currently a way to show a button or signal that a script is running, other than by looking at the Script pull down menu and seeing that Cancel is an option that you can select. I can see how it would be more convenient to be able to glance at a status bar or something similar to see the status, without needing to click a menu and infer the script running/not running state.

I've updated our request database so that we can consider adding another means of visual notification that a script is running. If we add this to a future version of SecureCRT we'll post a follow up message. If you would also like e-mail notification please let us know and refer to forum thread 3529.
[http://www.vandyke.com/support]
Old 05-01-2018, 04:55 PM
VanDyke Product Director

Support for a tab status indicator that shows that a script is running has been added to a pre-beta version of SecureCRT. If you would like to try it, please email me at Maureen.Jett@vandyke.com.

Maureen
Old 05-02-2018, 07:34 AM

I just add a custom menu button for script run and cancel and you can tell by which one is highlighted.