Welcome to the VanDyke Software Forums

Join the discussion today!

Go Back   VanDyke Software Forums > General

Old 02-04-2020, 12:37 PM

Hard to distinguish which tab is active in version 8.7

I recently upgraded from SecureCRT 8.1 to 8.7. In the new version, I am having a hard time finding which is the active tab. In 8.1, there was a red x on the right side of the active tab that made it very easy to spot.

In 8.7, the only difference I have seen is the background is very slightly lighter grey than the other tabs. I tried a few color schemes hoping one of them would improve it, but it didn't. Is there an option to bring the red x back, or a way to specify the active tab color to fix this?
Old 02-04-2020, 01:37 PM
VanDyke Technical Support

Hi dangerski,

Are you on Mac or Windows?

Color *schemes* are not going to affect tab colors, but *color themes* (available only on Windows presently) does. If on Windows, the VS2013 Dark (View -> Themes) makes the active tab gray while the others are black.

I have added this thread to a feature request in our product enhancement database for the ability to make the active tab stand out more. Should a future release of SecureCRT include this feature, notification will be posted here.

If you prefer direct email notification, send an email to support@vandyke.com and include Feature Request - Forum Thread #14061 in the subject line or use this form from the support page of our website.

VanDyke Software
Technical Support
support@vandyke.com
(505) 332-5730
Old 02-04-2020, 08:47 PM

Hi Brenda, this is on a Mac. Thank you for submitting the feature request. I changed my Mac from Dark Mode to Light, and the contrast is a bit higher on the active tab, so that helps some, but it would be great to get a better fix for this.
Old 02-06-2020, 03:02 PM

It would be nice if the color scheme choices had a active tab color that was different (possibly with the background and font color being reversed from what a non active state is).

I don't have a problem with the way most color schemes look, but it could be made much more obvious for sure.
Old 02-06-2020, 03:08 PM
VanDyke Technical Support

Hi Reno,

As noted in the post from two days ago, this thread has been added to a feature request to make the active tab more obvious.

VanDyke Software
Technical Support
support@vandyke.com
(505) 332-5730