Welcome to the VanDyke Software Forums

Join the discussion today!

Go Back   VanDyke Software Forums > General

Notices

Old 04-21-2021, 12:25 PM

Disabling Quick connect Window

Hello,

Is there a way to disable the Quick connect window from automatically appearing each time I launch SecureCRT?

Best regards,
Ahmed Shehata
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 04-21-21 20-22-43.jpg (68.1 KB, 164 views)
Old 04-21-2021, 01:33 PM
VanDyke Technical Support

Hi ashehata,

Disabling this dialog can be a little tricky and has caused confusion for many of our customers, so you are not alone!

I have captured a feature request on your behalf to make it easier to disable the Quick Connect dialog at startup. We will be sure to post here if an improvement is implemented. If you prefer direct notification, please send an email to support@vandyke.com with ***Feature Request - Forum Thread #14505 *** in the subject line.

The Quick Connect dialog box was implemented in such a way that it will always be displayed if there are not any saved session in SecureCRT.

You should be able to disable the dialog if you connect to a session using the Quick Connect dialog box with the "Show quick connect on startup" option disabled (as it already is) and the "Save session" option enabled. Once you press "Connect" you can close the session and re-test (as the global option should have been updated with the preference to not show the dialog box).

If you use the Quick Connect dialog box to connect to a session with the "Show quick connect on startup" option disabled (as it is already), is the issue resolved?

VanDyke Software
Technical Support
support@vandyke.com
(505) 332-5730

Last edited by berdmann; 04-21-2021 at 02:02 PM.
Old 04-22-2021, 07:34 AM

Hello Brittney,

Thanks a lot for your prompt response and support.

I am glad that you made a feature post to implement an easy option to be disable the quick connect dialog.

I have tried what you instructed and it worked. Thanks a lot for your help.

Best regards,
Ahmed Shehata