Welcome to the VanDyke Software Forums

Join the discussion today!

Go Back   VanDyke Software Forums > General

Notices

Old 04-21-2011, 08:24 PM

Any plans for Android?

As days go by, I'm spending more and more time on the road and lugging laptops gets old as I get older. Since most of my day is spent in a terminal, I've been entertaining the idea of a tablet to augment my field gear. I can already get terminal apps for iOS and Android, but I really like SecureCRT, so if it's on the radar, it would affect my choice of platform greatly. As long as I don't have to run Windows, I care less about the OS than I do about the application that I'll be living in.

If it isn't in the development train, I could deal with a netbook and Linux, but I'm hoping to go even more minimalist.
Old 04-22-2011, 07:29 AM
VanDyke Technical Support

Hi wheelbarrowjack,

Thanks for your interest in SecureCRT for Android. There are no plans currently to port SecureCRT to Android. I have, however, created a feature request on your behalf to release a version of SecureCRT for Android in our SecureCRT development database. Should we do so in the future, we will post to this thread.

If you would like to be notified directly, please complete and submit the form at the following location:
Submit Feature Request

VanDyke Software
Technical Support
support@vandyke.com
505-332-5730
Old 06-18-2011, 05:54 PM

Thumbs up

As a registered User of SecureCRT/FX and a new owner of a Samsung Galaxy Android Tab 10.1, the first app I went for was SecureCRT. I was disappointed to find this post with only 1 request for an Android version SecureCRT.

Here is to hoping that more requests keep coming in.
Old 06-20-2011, 07:57 AM

Hi twg,

Thanks for your interest in SecureCRT on Android. I have added your post to the feature request. Should SecureCRT be released for Android in the future, we will post to this thread.

VanDyke Software
Technical Support
support@vandyke.com
505-332-5730
Old 08-12-2011, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twg
I was disappointed to find this post with only 1 request for an Android version SecureCRT.
I'll post a note to encourage others to fill out the feature request form even if they don't post a request in this thread.

--
I have a VPN client, WiFi analyzer and packet sniffer installed on my Motorola Atrix MB860 running Android v2.3.4. Now I just need SecureCRT & SecureFX
Old 08-12-2011, 04:26 PM

Thanks for posting. I've updated our request database. Please let us know and refer to forum thread 7458 if you would like to be notified if SecureCRT and/or SecureFX are ported to Android.
[http://www.vandyke.com/support]
Old 12-04-2011, 10:43 AM

Agreed! Please work on Android version.

I would love this. I am dying to ditch my laptop and this would be one of the last pieces. There are some tools out there like Better Terminal Elumator, but I would prefer SecureCRT. I will fill out feature request form. But just to add to this thread this would be great! I realize Android can be frustrating from a versioing pov. But VanDyke could concentrate on Android 4.0 and then work their way back. I would not bother with anything lower than Android 2.3.x just because with new phones/tablets they will all be that or newer.
Old 01-02-2012, 01:45 PM

This was originally posted on 12-05-2011, 7:32am

Hi eleavings,

Thanks for voicing your support of this port. I have added your post to the feature request. I have also responded to your message via e-mail.

VanDyke Software
Technical Support
support@vandyke.com
505-332-5730
Old 01-12-2012, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtb View Post
This was originally posted on 12-05-2011, 7:32am

Hi eleavings,

Thanks for voicing your support of this port. I have added your post to the feature request. I have also responded to your message via e-mail.
Still tapping my foot...waiting... I am not a patient man and I intend to let my voice be known on a box of Twinkies in the break room. I may even break out a can of Jolt.

Thanks for software good enough to make me want to use it everywhere.
Old 01-12-2012, 03:29 PM
VanDyke Product Director

Thanks for following up on this. SecureCRT for Android is not currently on the development roadmap, but it may be considered in the future. If you'd like to be added to the list so that we can let you know if it gets implemented, please send e-mail to Maureen.Jett@vandyke.com.

Please don't take it out on the Twinkies.

Regards,
Maureen
Old 06-10-2012, 07:07 AM

Here is another "vote" for SecureCRT on Android. I realize that feature functionality probably won't be viable, but a good terminal emulator that looks like SecureCRT and could share our existing sessions would be great.

As I expect that this type of feature will probably take 6 + months to complete if started and the pricing structure of phones/tablets is vastly different which may be difficult to justify, however my tablet with Bluetooth keyboard is itching for this.

I would suggest supporting Android 4.0+ only. As just about everything new from this point on is ICS 4, unless it is simple to back port. there will be diminishing returns as the number of < 4.0 devices will shrink dramatically over the next 1.5 years. (Hopefully Jelly Bean doesn't change things too much for developers).

PS: I love SecureCRT, however I don't expect that I would pay much more than $10 for SecureCRT on my mobile devices let alone full retail price. I already own three supported versions and a few more out dated versions. I would love to see this as a value add to existing license holders. Maybe a demo version on the app markets and then if you purchase a full license it also unlocks the mobile version? Help drive sales of your flagship product?

Here's hoping.

Todd Volz
Old 06-11-2012, 07:17 AM

Hi Todd,

Thanks for the suggestions. We will post to this thread should we port SecureCRT to Android.

VanDyke Software
Technical Support
support@vandyke.com
505-332-5730
Old 07-16-2012, 09:33 PM

Hi another request.
I currently see more and more geeks and support staff use Android as a fast and convenient method to perform work. I even have rsa authentication to a jump host and then tunnel ... securecrt would round this off nicely as there are 300 hosts past the jump host that need loving
Old 07-17-2012, 07:39 AM

Hi tee-em,

Thanks for the feedback. We will post to this thread if we release SecureCRT for Android in the future.

VanDyke Software
Technical Support
support@vandyke.com
505-332-5730
Old 10-19-2012, 09:03 AM

so do i'm interested to an android version i'll follow this thread!
thanks in advance