Welcome to the VanDyke Software Forums

Join the discussion today!

Go Back   VanDyke Software Forums > Scripting

Notices

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 03-24-2011, 03:15 AM

Unhappy a question of run script

1.I have a vbscript file, running in secure crt 6.6 is very perfect, but running in secure crt 6.7 is always wrong, what the matter is it?

2.I want to use the script called "chat window" object,is there have a good way to handle it?
Old 03-24-2011, 07:39 AM
VanDyke Technical Support

Hi xujunmao,
Quote:
1.I have a vbscript file, running in secure crt 6.6 is very perfect, but running in secure crt 6.7 is always wrong, what the matter is it?
Can you tell me more about this problem?

What script are you trying to run?

What behavior change have you observed between SecureCRT 6.6.2 and SecureCRT 6.7 beta 1?
Quote:
2.I want to use the script called "chat window" object,is there have a good way to handle it?
It sounds like you want a way to control the Chat Window via a script. This capability does not yet exist. I have created a feature request in our SecureCRT development database to add a Chat Window Object. Should a future release of SecureCRT have this capability, we will post to this forum thread.

If you would like to be notified directly, please complete and submit the form at the following location:
Submit Feature Request

VanDyke Software
Technical Support
support@vandyke.com
505-332-5730
Old 03-24-2011, 08:13 PM

I have a switch, I use a login script file and configure the command to run well at secure crt 6.6, but running in secure crt 6.7 can not log in always.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg pic01.jpg (93.0 KB, 875 views)
File Type: jpg pic02.jpg (88.7 KB, 1002 views)
File Type: jpg pic03.jpg (28.7 KB, 959 views)
Old 03-25-2011, 10:43 AM

Hi xujunmao,

Thanks for the additional information. We are researching a fix to this issue. We will post to this forum thread when we have a new build of SecureCRT that should resolve the issue.

If you would like to be notified directly, please complete and submit the form at the following location:
Submit Bug Report

VanDyke Software
Technical Support
support@vandyke.com
505-332-5730
Old 03-31-2011, 10:43 AM

Hi All,

We have a new build of SecureCRT that should resolve this problem when running a script in version 6.7. If anyone has seen this issue and would like to test this new build, please send an e-mail to support@vandyke.com including details about the problem in the body of the e-mail and a subject of Bug in Forum Thread #7261.

VanDyke Software
Technical Support
support@vandyke.com
505-332-5730
Old 04-11-2011, 09:40 PM

Question

HI,rtb
Thanks for your help,The first problem has been solved and The second problem has not been resolved. so, could you tell me another way:
Can I send a character to all TABs via the MAP BUTTON's send string function.
Old 04-12-2011, 07:50 AM

Hi xujunmao,

Thanks for the question. It is not currently possible to use a button to send a command to all open tabs. I have created a feature request in our SecureCRT development database to add this ability. Should a future release of SecureCRT have the ability to use a button to send the same command to multiple tabs, we will post to this thread.

Submit Feature Request
In the meantime, it may be possible to script a solution. It is not currently possible to script the Chat Window, but it is possible to iterate over the open tabs and send a command.

Is this something that you would like to pursue?

Can you tell me more about what it is you are trying to accomplish?

VanDyke Software
Technical Support
support@vandyke.com
505-332-5730
Old 04-13-2011, 12:18 AM

HI,rtb

Thanks for your advice

In my work, I need to send the same string to all TABS , but also need to send different string for each TAB , this process will be alternating, give an example:

I have ten DUTs, the IP address of each device under test is the same, and now, I need to configure ten different IP address for the devices , Assuming I have been built 10 TABs to the device under test using SecureCRT , I used the CHAT WINDOW's send chat to all tabs function to send command "MIP" to all of the DUTs, then goto modify the IP interface, I used a script to iterate over the open tabs and send the IP address of I prescribed, re-use CHAT WINDOW function to send "255.255.255.0" to all devices.

This is just a very simple example, the method is possible to iterate over the open tabs and send some strings,However,it is running is unstable (I mean that our DUTs. Of course, I have been used our Finished products to running and it has the same problem, perhaps it was been related with the SecureCRT version, or related with the script itself is not perfect)

I have another situation, send a command, must wait a long(more than 100 s) time to echo our needs, Because it is not immediately get the result, the method used is not suitable for iterate over the open tabs .

Therefore, I want to use CHAT WINDOW combined with the MAP BUTTON, and if there have a CHAT WINDOW objects, use the script to achieve is perfect.
Old 04-13-2011, 11:40 AM

Hi xujunmao,

Thanks for the details. It sounds like you are using the Chat Window to send part of a command, a script to send another part of a command, and the chat window to send the final part of a command. Is this correct?

If so, why not script the sending of the entire command rather than using the Chat Window for part of the command?

Would you be able to send an example of two complete example commands that you would send to two different tabs?

VanDyke Software
Technical Support
support@vandyke.com
505-332-5730
Old 04-13-2011, 08:49 PM

HI,rtb

That is just one example of my work mode,In most cases send to all tabs's commands are the same,and the other is not.The following screenshots have prompted is need to variable :

use the send chat to all tabs function to send the same command was very perfect ,but i need to send the different command to each TAB,it need script.so, I want to use CHAT WINDOW combined with the MAP BUTTON, and if there have a CHAT WINDOW objects, use the script to achieve is perfect.

Code:
why not script the sending of the entire command rather than using the Chat Window for part of the command?
In my use, there have a phenomenon of instability and I have another situation, send a command, must wait a long(more than 100 s) time to echo our needs, Because it is not immediately get the result, the method used is not suitable for iterate over the open tabs .
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 01.jpg (51.2 KB, 799 views)
File Type: jpg 02.jpg (43.4 KB, 864 views)
File Type: jpg 03.jpg (34.2 KB, 927 views)
File Type: jpg 04.jpg (77.4 KB, 869 views)
Old 04-14-2011, 11:56 AM

Hi xujunmao,

Thanks for the additional information. It sounds like you really do need the Chat Window scripting API/Object. We will post to this thread if a future release of SecureCRT has the ability to script the Chat Window.

VanDyke Software
Technical Support
support@vandyke.com
505-332-5730

Last edited by rtb; 04-14-2011 at 11:59 AM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: