Welcome to the VanDyke Software Forums

Join the discussion today!

Go Back   VanDyke Software Forums > Scripting

Old 03-30-2012, 06:00 PM

Angry Using the clipboard

Sorry. I'm new with SecureCRT 6.6.1. I need a little help here.

OK., I read in the HELP documents on how to "Copying Text to the Clipboard" and "Pasting Text from the Clipboard to the Terminal Screen".

So where is the Clipboard? Is it invisible? Is it just an integrated piece of Software? Is it imaginary? Is there an ICON button that I can click on to make it appear? Can I see the Text that I just copied to this imaginary Clipboard? Is it an option that must be loaded into SecureCRT? Do I have to write a script program to make it become visible????

I've looked everywhere for the Clipboard and can't seem to find it.

Please help.

Signed Frustrated.
Old 03-31-2012, 09:25 AM

What is the Windows Clipboard?

The Windows Clipboard is like a scratch pad available to Windows and all running applications. It allows pieces of information to be temporarily stored and then retrieved later by another application. Say you're writing a report and you see a bit of text on a website that you want to include in your report. You can copy that piece of text to the Windows Clipboard and then when you're ready paste it into your document.

Many people use the Windows Clipboard all the time without even realising it. The Clipboard is where stuff goes when you select Edit/Copy, press CTRL-C, or right click and select Copy from the pop up context sensitive menu. When you Cut you're also putting that data on the Windows Clipboard. The difference is that the data is also deleted from the source document.

(Excellent description grabbed from: http://www.clipmagic.com/windows-clipboard.html )