Welcome to the VanDyke Software Forums

Join the discussion today!

Go Back   VanDyke Software Forums > Secure Shell

Old 09-25-2017, 09:53 AM

License Export

Hi. I have Secure CRT on my laptop as well as my desktop. How can I export the license from my desktop and import into my laptop? I exported, but it creates an XML file and the the import function is not available since I am required to manually enter the license before I start using the product. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Old 09-25-2017, 10:14 AM
VanDyke Customer Support

Hi exd42062.

What you will need to do is install the latest version of SecureCRT so that you can get a free 30 day evaluation period. That will allow you to run SecureCRT in evaluation mode so that you can run the import wizard. Then, if your license is not valid for the latest version, you can install the version that does work with your license over the top of the latest version.

Does that work for you?

JJH
Old 06-21-2018, 08:59 AM

7.3 higher Export - Move to new PC

I exported my data and license from my 7.3.7 build 1034 version of Secure CRT to move to my new PC. I downloaded 7.3.7 from the website and when I installed it, it kept asking for license data and not allowing me to import my license and data.

Following the instruction on the forum I downloaded the lasts 8.3.3 as evaluation, brought it up and under evaluation license I could import my data/license.

The instructions said that if your license is invalid for this version, to reinstall the version you had over top of this one. I don't think I'm eligible for 8.3.3, but how to I tell. I can't find anything that says my license is invalid. Is that because its still running the evaluation copy?

Tim Cahoon
Old 06-21-2018, 09:12 AM
VanDyke Technical Support

Hi tim.cahoon,

Normally, the easiest way to tell if your license is eligible, is to close all running instances of SecureCRT and start SecureCRT. If it shows that there are a certain number of evaluation days left, or if you see "This evaluation copy has expired", it usually means that your license isn't eligible for that version. There are other factors to consider, so if you experience problems with applying your license data, or want to know precisely which version of SecureCRT is the latest one you can register with your license, it's best to reach out to our support team by email (Support@VanDyke.com).

VanDyke Software
Technical Support
support@vandyke.com
(505) 332-5730

Last edited by ekoranyi; 06-21-2018 at 11:14 AM. Reason: Clarify checking license eligibility