Welcome to the VanDyke Software Forums

Join the discussion today!

Go Back   VanDyke Software Forums > General

Old 01-09-2019, 07:56 PM

how to split screen up down

The securecrt 8.3 support split screen up down. same as session group but not left right. i turn on it on yesterday, but forget how to
Old 01-10-2019, 07:53 AM
VanDyke Technical Support

Hi wu22333,

I am not sure what your question is. I think you are describing tab groups. You can right-click session(s) in Session Manager and choose Connect in New Tab Group.

VanDyke Software
Technical Support
support@vandyke.com
(505) 332-5730
Old 02-04-2019, 02:56 AM

Speaking about this feature. It is great, but not as great as it was in PuTTY Connection Manager. In SecureCRT if you split screen vertically then it fixes on vertical-split, so any new console windows you would like to see on the same screen have to be vertical. On the other hand when you split the screen horizontally at first, then it fixes the horizontal-split and you can't split any of the console windows vertically then.

It would be the best if I could split the console windows as I want to, like put one console window on the left of the screen all over from the top to the bottom, and at the same time on the right of the screen I could position two consoles splitted horizontally - one from top to the half of the screen and the other one from the half of the screen to the bottom.

I hope you know what I mean. Is something like that already on the list to implement in the future?

Regards,

JD
Old 02-04-2019, 07:30 AM
VanDyke Technical Support

Hi Judge Dredd,

I have added this thread to a feature request in our product enhancement database to add support for mixed horizontal and vertical (grid) tab groups. Should a future release of SecureCRT include this feature, notification will be posted here.

If you prefer direct email notification, send an email to support@vandyke.com and include "Feature Request - Forum Thread #13353" in the subject line or use this form from the support page of our website.

VanDyke Software
Technical Support
support@vandyke.com
(505) 332-5730

Tags
skill , tip