Welcome to the VanDyke Software Forums

Join the discussion today!

Go Back   VanDyke Software Forums > Scripting

Old 01-07-2021, 08:01 AM

Old script working with 5.0 are not working after installed SecureCRT 8.7.3

Dears,

All my script were working properly with SecureCRT 5.0. Now I have purchase SecureCRT 8.7.3 but script don't work.
For example: Run automatically VB scripts :

Below command doesn't work with SecureCRT 8.7.3
SecureCRT.exe /SCRIPT "C:\Users.....myscript.vbs"

Log file creation also don't work. Please need support
Old 01-07-2021, 09:28 AM
VanDyke Technical Support

Hi kmsystem,

The /Script argument is still valid in SecureCRT v8.7.3 so I will need more info.

What do you mean by "script does not work"? Do you get an error? Does it just not execute? What happens exactly?

For logging:
  • How have you configured logging?

• What is the behavior specifically? (Is there an error? Log file is created but empty? Log file is not created? etc.)

Did you upgrade SecureCRT 5.0 in place? Or migrate to a new machine? What is the OS?

VanDyke Software
Technical Support
support@vandyke.com
(505) 332-5730

Last edited by bgagnon; 01-07-2021 at 09:44 AM. Reason: More inquiries
Old 01-08-2021, 05:13 AM

Hi bgagnon,

Thanks for your consideration. kindly find below my feedback:

What do you mean by "script does not work"? Do you get an error? Does it just not execute? What happens exactly? ==> I mean with version 5.0, I used batch scripts and insert command : SecureCRT.exe /SCRIPT "C:\Users.....myscript.vbs" then automate script execution using windows task manager. But after installing 8.7 version, script does not execute automatically due to error (SecureCRT.exe /SCRIPT..... is not recognized has a command). But my VB script is working alone in 8.7.

For logging:
How have you configured logging? What is the behavior specifically? (Is there an error? Log file is created but empty? Log file is not created? etc.) ==> my script is working fine with 5.0 logging txt file.
Dim logfile
logfile = LogDir & LogFil
crt.Session.LogFileName = logfile
crt.Session.Log True

crt.Session.Log False

But with 8.7 version I have this error: Can't open fine...

Did you upgrade SecureCRT 5.0 in place? Or migrate to a new machine? What is the OS? ==> I uninstall SecureCRT 5.0, then install 8.7 with 3 year license purchased. My OS is Windows Server 2008 R2 Entreprise
Old 01-08-2021, 08:53 AM

Hi kmsystem,
Quote:
But after installing 8.7 version, script does not execute automatically due to error (SecureCRT.exe /SCRIPT..... is not recognized has a command). But my VB script is working alone in 8.7.
I still do not understand what error, specifically, you are getting. Please send a screenshot of the error message to support@vandyke.com and reference Attn Brenda - Forum Thread #14384.

If the VB script works when run independently then it sounds like your issues are with Task Manager, not SecureCRT.

Quote:
But with 8.7 version I have this error: Can't open fine...
Again, "Can't open fine"? Sorry, that is not any error text that I recognize.

Please send a screenshot of the exact error message you are getting to support@vandyke.com.

Quote:
Did you upgrade SecureCRT 5.0 in place? Or migrate to a new machine? What is the OS? ==> I uninstall SecureCRT 5.0, then install 8.7 with 3 year license purchased. My OS is Windows Server 2008 R2 Entreprise
SecureCRT v5.0 was only available as a 32-bit app. So if the Server is a 64-bit OS then at least the path to the executable would have changed if you used the 64-bit version of SecureCRT 8.7 (ie: Program Files (x86) vs Program Files). Did you install the 32-bit version of SecureCRT 8.7? If not, were your batch files changed to reflect the new path to the executable?

VanDyke Software
Technical Support
support@vandyke.com
(505) 332-5730
Old 01-11-2021, 02:13 AM

Hi bgagnon,

With your last comment regarding installation folder. I finally install again 8.7 and modify my batch script from [SecureCRT.exe /SCRIPT "C:\Users.....myscript.vbs" ] to ["C:\Program Files (x86)\VanDyke Software\SecureCRT\SecureCRT.exe" ....."myscript.vbs"].
And now all script execute automatically and without any error.

Thank you for your support. My issue is definitively solved.
Old 01-11-2021, 08:31 AM

Hi kmsystem,

I am glad to hear you were able to solve the problem. Thanks for posting!

VanDyke Software
Technical Support
support@vandyke.com
(505) 332-5730