Welcome to the VanDyke Software Forums

Join the discussion today!

Go Back   VanDyke Software Forums > General

Notices

Old 07-09-2014, 07:34 AM

CTRL + TAB not navigating tabs SecureCRT 7.2

I am having issues with the CTRL + TAB changing the active tab.

I am running windows 7 professional. Theme Black

I see the bit getting flipped in the Global.ini
"Enable Tab Switching History"=00000001

Any tips to troubleshoot CTRL + TAB tab navigation? Any other settings that I might want to toggle?

Backstory:
I have been running SecureCRT 4.1 for years. Great Product!
I upgraded my license to 7.2 CRT and Fx (Build 550) recently but didn't install until I was sure I wouldn't loose productivity with the 100's of sessions in my session manager and my normal workflow.
I left 4.1 in place and duplicated my ..\vandyke.config\Config to a new 7.2 location to minimize any upgrade issues or loss of productivity.
7.2 CRT and Fx picked up my key maps and session catalog perfectly after a little manual path modification is the session ini's. The only issue I seem to have is with the CTRL + TAB.

Before upgrading my Windows 7 Pro primary workstation I tested the Config import.
I installed 7.2 CRT and Fx on 2008 Enterprise Server(test VM) and copied over the Config.
On my 2008 Enterprise Server VM I was able to use all my sessions and the CTRL + TAB navigation was working. I didnt manipulate the ini's as this was a clean installation.
This gave me confidence to install 7.2 on Windows 7 Pro. The only difference other than OS is that I still have SecureCRT 4.2 installed and modified the keym
Old 07-09-2014, 08:27 AM
VanDyke Technical Support

Hi JJEverett,

Thanks for the post. I am sorry to hear of the difficulty. I am not sure I have a clear understanding of the actual issue. My guess is that you need to disable CTRL+TAB switches to most recently used tabbed or tiled session. This option is located in the Terminal / Tabs/Tiling category of the Global Options dialog.

Does this help to solve the issue?

If not, would you define the exact behavior you see, and the behavior you desire?

VanDyke Software
Technical Support
support@vandyke.com
505-332-5730
Old 07-09-2014, 09:38 AM

No matter if I select or deselect "CTRL+TAB switches to most recently used tabbed or tiled session" option I can not navigate the Tabs of the sessions that are connected.

Currently CTRL+TAB or SHIFT+CTRL+TAB does not navigate session tabs.

Are there know issues with navigating tabs?

JJ
Old 07-09-2014, 10:02 AM

Hi JJ,

Thanks for the update. There are no known issues of which I am aware.

I am currently using SecureCRT 7.2.5, and Ctrl+Tab will move the focus to each subsequent tab from left to right. If I press Shift+Ctrl+Tab focus will move to each prior tab moving right to left.

Do you get any action when using those shortcuts, or does the tab focus just remain on the same tab as though pressing the buttons is a no-op?

Is it possible that your Windows 7 machine has some software that is intercepting the key combination before SecureCRT 7.2 can act on it?

VanDyke Software
Technical Support
support@vandyke.com
505-332-5730
Old 07-09-2014, 10:13 AM

Thanks for your quick responses.

I get no action when I press CTRL+TAB or SHIFT+CTRL+TAB in SecureCRT 7.2 (Build 550).

If I move over to Firefox or Crome I can navigate the Tabs with CTRL+TAB or SHIFT+CTRL+TAB.

JJ
Old 07-09-2014, 11:29 AM

Hi JJ,

It sounds like the chances of an external program intercepting the key combination are slim, but not out of the question.

I think that the next step would be to use a clean configuration folder with 7.2.5 on your Windows 7 machine. If you don't see the issue, then compare the differences between all of the configuration folder files.

If you do see the issue with a clean configuration folder, then I would say that there is an environmental issue at play, and I am not sure what program to use to determine what is actually happening when pressing the key combination.

If you don't have a comparison tool, feel free to send the configuration files to support@vandyke.com with a subject of Attn: Todd - Forum thread 11585, and I will compare them for differences.

You also mentioned that you have a modified key map. Have you confirmed that that key map file doesn't do something with Ctrl+Tab?

VanDyke Software
Technical Support
support@vandyke.com
505-332-5730
Old 07-09-2014, 12:22 PM

OK I will try this.

Also of note is that SecureFX does navigate the tabs as desired. This seems inline with your thinking about the settings files.

Thanks!
Old 07-10-2014, 10:43 AM

The issue is resolved and I can now CTRL+TAB or SHIFT+CTRL+TAB in SecureCRT 7.2 (Build 550).

I think there we something bad about my old keymap.key file that I brought in from a previous version of SecureCRT.

I followed your suggestion and created a new config directory. One step at a time I brought my sessions over. Once I brought over the my legacy key map file over I lost the CTRL+TAB capability.

I simply created a new file and mapped my keys again manually and now I am all set.

Thanks for you excellent support. Great product by the way.

JJ
Old 07-10-2014, 10:49 AM

Hi JJ,

You are very welcome. I am glad to hear that this issue is resolved.

Thanks for the follow-up and kind words.

VanDyke Software
Technical Support
support@vandyke.com
505-332-5730

Tags
ctrl-tab , navigation