Welcome to the VanDyke Software Forums

Join the discussion today!

Go Back   VanDyke Software Forums > SecureCRT on the Mac

Old 05-05-2012, 02:26 PM

Odd 7.0.0 bug: missing underscores.

Hello VanDyke,

I recently upgraded to the 7.0.0 beta (build 281) and everything seems to be working fine, except underscores are showing up as spaces. This appears to be happening across multiple fonts, but I'm using Courier New 14pt by default.

I've tried switching fonts, turning on unicode line-drawing and changing the character encoding to multiple different settings (my default is UTF-8).

Is anyone else having this problem? Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks!
Old 05-07-2012, 09:55 AM
VanDyke Technical Support

Hi maxg,

I have replicated the reported behavior. It appears both Courier New and Andale Mono display underscores as spaces. The issue does not seem to occur when using Monaco, so that would be the suggested workaround for now.

I have submitted this behavior for investigation by the Development team. Should progress be made toward a resolution, or further information be requested, I will post in this thread.

If you prefer direct e-mail notification, contact support@vandyke.com and include "Attn Brenda - Forum Thread #10445" in the subject line.

VanDyke Software
Technical Support
support@vandyke.com
(505) 332-5730
Old 05-10-2012, 06:41 AM

Thanks, I thought I was going crazy after no one responded.

Also I'd like to add a suggestion. I know the font selection screen uses a built in OS interface, but it would really be handy to filter out non fixed-width fonts. It seems sort of silly to show hundreds of fonts if it will only let you select ~10 of them.
Old 05-10-2012, 08:29 AM

Hi maxg,

No, you are not crazy!

I have added this thread to a feature request in our product enhancement database to filter out non fixed-width (proportional) fonts from the font list on SecureCRT for Mac OS X. Should a future release of SecureCRT include this feature, notification will be posted here.

If you prefer direct e-mail notification, contact support@vandyke.com and include "Feature Request - Forum Thread #10445" in the subject line.

VanDyke Software
Technical Support
support@vandyke.com
(505) 332-5730
Old 05-10-2012, 03:21 PM

Hi maxg,

The development team believes they have resolved the missing underscores issue in a later build.

If you are interested in receiving the information to download the new build, please send an e-mail to support@vandyke.com and include "Attn Brenda - Forum Thread #10445" in the subject line.

If contacting us through an e-mail account other than the one used to create your download account, please advise us of the download account e-mail address. If you do not have a download account, we can create one and then you will need to complete registration before downloading the new build.

Or, you can wait for the SecureCRT 7.0 beta 2 release (which will include this bug fix). Currently beta 2 release is scheduled for May 22.

VanDyke Software
Technical Support
support@vandyke.com
(505) 332-5730
Old 07-30-2012, 01:52 PM

Hello all,

The development team returned to the drawing board on this issue because it was reported "not fixed" in another thread. We now believe the "missing underscores" issue is resolved in a newer build.

If you are interested in receiving the information to download the new build, please send an e-mail to support@vandyke.com and include "Attn Brenda - Forum Thread #10445" in the subject line.

If contacting us through an e-mail account other than the one used to create your download account, please advise us of the download account e-mail address. If you do not have a download account, we can create one and then you will need to complete registration before downloading the new build.

VanDyke Software
Technical Support
support@vandyke.com
(505) 332-5730
Old 08-05-2012, 07:24 PM

Thanks Brenda, the issue seems to be cleared up for me now.
Old 08-06-2012, 08:02 AM

Hi maxg,

Thanks for posting the feedback here.

VanDyke Software
Technical Support
support@vandyke.com
(505) 332-5730
Old 10-22-2014, 12:08 PM
VanDyke Product Director

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxg View Post
Thanks, I thought I was going crazy after no one responded.

Also I'd like to add a suggestion. I know the font selection screen uses a built in OS interface, but it would really be handy to filter out non fixed-width fonts. It seems sort of silly to show hundreds of fonts if it will only let you select ~10 of them.
This has been implemented in a pre-beta version of SecureCRT for Mac. If you would like to try it, please send email to me at Maureen.Jett@vandyke.com.

Maureen