Welcome to the VanDyke Software Forums

Join the discussion today!

Go Back   VanDyke Software Forums > General

Old 02-03-2012, 11:26 AM

Exclamation SecureCRT session hangs/loops when screen output floods

When I log into our Cisco Nexus 1000V or 5548s, I often have an issue where my screen hangs/loops. If I do something to create a lot of output, such as "show tech-support | no-more" (which essentially outputs thousands of lines of output with no "--More--" breaks, after a few seconds, the session hangs. The same amount of text is shown over and over again and I have to clone the session and kill the window to continue. It makes data collection very difficult. Even if I don't use the "no-more" option, if I hold down the space bar to quickly scroll through the windows, the same thing happens.

Is there a workaround for this? I'd really like to get this resolved. I'm running SecureCRT 6.7.3 (x64 build 292) but is also happening to co-workers running earlier versions of code. I'm running Windows 7 Enterprise x64.
Old 02-03-2012, 11:42 AM
VanDyke Technical Support

Hi ciscorlando,

Thanks for reporting this issue. What protocol are you using to connect to the Cisco Nexus device?

Would you send a raw log of the data that you are receiving from the Cisco device to support@vandyke.com with a subject of Attn: Todd - forum thread #10281?

Here is how you can create a raw log:
  1. Before connecting with the session, select Raw Log Session from SecureCRT's File menu.
  2. In the Select Log File dialog, choose a folder and filename in which you would like the log text to be stored and click the Save button. At this point, if you open the File menu, you will notice that Raw Log Session now has a check-mark next to it; this indicates that raw logging is activated.
  3. Now connect to the remote machine and perform the actions which cause the reported problem to occur.
  4. Disconnect the session and select Raw Log Session from the File menu to turn off the raw log feature.
  5. Browse to the location of the raw log file and attach it to your message.

VanDyke Software
Technical Support
support@vandyke.com
505-332-5730
Old 02-03-2012, 12:07 PM

Thumbs up Log emailed

Thanks for your quick response. I've emailed a raw log as requested.
Old 02-03-2012, 02:16 PM
VanDyke Technical Support

Hi ciscorlando,

Thanks for sending the raw log. I am taking a look at it now. I will respond to you via e-mail to further troubleshoot this issue.

VanDyke Software
Technical Support
support@vandyke.com
505-332-5730