Welcome to the VanDyke Software Forums

Join the discussion today!

Go Back   VanDyke Software Forums > General

Old 02-08-2010, 08:03 AM

SecureCRT database connection

Hi,

I have a short question which will maybe turn into a feature request.

For explanation:
I am using a software called visionapp remote desktop 2010 to manage all my graphical connections like RDP, VNC or ICA. Cause I am working in a team and we are sharing our hardware the software supports a SQL database to store all connection information. This is really helpful because you only have to maintain the connections once.

Now my question is if SecureCRT supports the same or will support in the future.

Looking forward to your response!
Old 02-08-2010, 10:11 AM
VanDyke Technical Support

Hi pdbbklei,

I have added this thread to a feature request in our development database for RDP protocol support. Should a future release of SecureCRT include this feature, notification will be posted here.

If you prefer direct e-mail notification, contact support@vandyke.com and include "Feature Request - Forum Thread #4868" in the subject line.

VanDyke Software
Technical Support
support@vandyke.com
(505) 332-5730
Old 02-09-2010, 01:35 AM

Sorry my question was not precise enough.
The visionapp software was just an example for the advantages of using a database for managing your connections.
My request is not SecureCRT supporting any graphical protocols leike RDP or VNC. In fact I would like to see databse support for the current feature set and supoorted protocols of SecureCRT.

Is there anything you could tell me about this?
Have you thought about this feature before or are you maybe already implementing it?

Thanks!
Old 02-09-2010, 09:24 AM

Hello pdbbklei,

I apologize for the misunderstanding. This functionality is not currently supported in SecureCRT.

I have added this thread to a feature request in our development database for the ability to associate an ODBC database with the Connect Dialog. Should a future release of SecureCRT include this feature, notification will be posted here.

If you prefer direct e-mail notification, contact support@vandyke.com and include "Feature Request - Forum Thread #4868" in the subject line.

VanDyke Software
Technical Support
support@vandyke.com
(505) 332-5730
Old 09-29-2020, 03:46 PM

Hi all,

I'm happy to report that our developers have now implemented support for this feature in SecureCRT v9.0 beta 1:

Changes in SecureCRT 9.0 (Beta 1) -- September 24, 2020
-------------------------------------------------------
New Features:
  • Windows: Added support for RDP.
It is available presently only for Windows platform. The beta 1 installers for Windows only are available on our website here.

If you are a macOS or Linux user of SecureCRT, and desire RDP support for that platform, please let us know by sending an email to support@vandyke.com and include Feature Request - RDP Support for platform_here in the subject line or use this form from the support page of our website.

VanDyke Software
Technical Support
support@vandyke.com
(505) 332-5730