VanDyke Software Forums

Go Back   VanDyke Software Forums > SecureCRT 5.0 Alpha/SecureFX 3.0 Alpha
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-01-2004, 12:31 PM

SCRT alpha comments

I am playing with the 5.0 Build 463, which is the first 5.0 I have gotten to check out.

1. I did the install into a new directory and default was not to see the Session Tabs. Problem here is that I tried opening new tabs before I realized this, and had no idea what was happening until I happened on the option in the View menu. I thought that the "new tab" was basically taking over the current window.

2. It would be nice to have some sort of status icon in the tabs, to show if you are connected or disconnected, etc.
Old 11-02-2004, 02:10 PM
VanDyke Product Director

Quote:
Originally Posted by kweingold
I am playing with the 5.0 Build 463, which is the first 5.0 I have gotten to check out.

1. I did the install into a new directory and default was not to see the Session Tabs. Problem here is that I tried opening new tabs before I realized this, and had no idea what was happening until I happened on the option in the View menu. I thought that the "new tab" was basically taking over the current window.
Currently, the Session Tabs are off by default. One way to address this issue would be to have the Session Tabs on by default. Any thoughts on this, particularly from people who aren't using tabs?

Quote:
2. It would be nice to have some sort of status icon in the tabs, to show if you are connected or disconnected, etc.
This is on the tabs wishlist. It probably won't make it into 5.0, but is something we'd like to include in a future release.

Maureen
Old 11-03-2004, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maureen
Currently, the Session Tabs are off by default. One way to address this issue would be to have the Session Tabs on by default. Any thoughts on this, particularly from people who aren't using tabs?
Yes, I know exactly what to do. Most of my experience with tabs is from web browsers. Make the default option to not show tabs unless more than one is present. Basically, make the default to hide the tab when only one is present. Done.

Also, could there be an option to disable the close button all the way to the right on the tab bar?