Welcome to the VanDyke Software Forums

Join the discussion today!

Go Back   VanDyke Software Forums > General

Old 04-27-2010, 12:34 PM

Method to open multiple sessions at once or as a group

Hi There
Is it possible to open a defined group of sessions at once?
It may be there is a way but I have not found it.
For example in the screenshot below I might want to connect to Router1, Router3, Switch1 and Switch3 with a single keystroke. No fancy shortcut entity with option to select multip sessions?
Maybe this belongs in the scripting section?

Thanks..
Old 04-27-2010, 01:01 PM

Hello slouw,

One way to open a defined group of sessions at once is to create a shortcut to the sessions. SecureCRT provides the ability to select multiple sessions (by holding down Ctrl or Shift and using the mouse to select the sessions). You can also right click to create a desktop shortcut. Windows shortcuts can even have a hotkey associated with them.

I've attached an image showing what this would look like if you multi-selected sessions then right clicked.

Do you think this method will help you?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Multi Select - Right Click - Create Desktop Shortcut.jpg (33.0 KB, 277 views)
[http://www.vandyke.com/support]

Last edited by miked; 06-10-2010 at 05:11 PM.
Old 04-27-2010, 02:34 PM

Thankyou Mike
I knew you could have a windows shortcut but I did not know that you could have a windows shortcut to open multiple tabbed sessions at once. This will hlep me. Am I right that there is no concept of a shortcut within the connect dialog box? Within the connect dialog box I am aware of 2 possible entities:
1) A folder; and
2) A session.
No other entities available at this time?
A third entity as described, a shortcut would be very useful. Especially if, like a Windows shortcut, it could open multiple defined sessions. This would be a bit like the ability to open all the defined sessioned within a folder, at folder level.
Windows shortcut is good though
Thanks
Old 04-27-2010, 04:34 PM

I'm glad the Windows shortcut will help! You can also make a Windows shortcut by right clicking on a folder if you want all sessions in a folder to open.

You are correct about the Connect window not implementing shortcuts at this time. I have added your idea to our request database though. If implemented we will post a follow up message to this forum. If you would like to be notified via e-mail, please let us know and refer to forum thread 5504.
[http://www.vandyke.com/support]