Welcome to the VanDyke Software Forums

Join the discussion today!

Go Back   VanDyke Software Forums > General

Old 06-12-2017, 05:09 AM

Unhappy Session Options > Local Port Forwarding > table box size

Hi,

Can the table used to add new "Local Port Forwarding" options please be made bigger or re-sizable?

It is an utter frustration to work out of such a small window when adding multiple forwardings.

Please let me know if I am the only one - but we have about 8 people just in my company using this and it is sheer frustration that the box/table cannot be resized.

Example here: http://i.imgur.com/Opgk6r5.png

Thanks,
Dries.
Old 06-12-2017, 08:18 AM
VanDyke Technical Support

Hi Dries,

I have added this thread to the following feature requests in our product enhancement database (I thought maybe the additional one would be beneficial to you as well):
  • Redesign port forwarding category so larger or resizable

• Enhance management of port forwarding categories (ability to copy/duplicate and enable/disable)
Should a future release of SecureCRT include either feature, notification will be posted here.

If you prefer direct email notification, send an email to support@vandyke.com and include "Feature Request - Forum Thread #12720" in the subject line or use this form from the support page of our website.

VanDyke Software
Technical Support
support@vandyke.com
(505) 332-5730
Old 06-13-2017, 04:43 AM

Thank you Brenda
Old 06-13-2017, 08:05 AM
VanDyke Technical Support

Hi Dries,

A colleague pointed out that maybe switching to this new way to configure port forwarding would be beneficial for you:

Changes in SecureCRT 7.1 (Beta 1) -- February 26, 2013
------------------------------------------------------

New features:

• Added support for dependent sessions so that a connection can be made to a jump host or SSH gateway before the session is connected.

If the connections you are configuring are a jump host scenario*, you would essentially make a session to that jump host machine and then make sessions for each machine beyond the jump host you are trying to reach. In each of those "final host" sessions, you would configure the jump host session to be the firewall in the Connection / SSH2 category of Session Options.

*Note that the jump host must allow/support port forwarding for this dependent session mechanism to work.

VanDyke Software
Technical Support
support@vandyke.com
(505) 332-5730

Last edited by bgagnon; 06-13-2017 at 12:15 PM. Reason: Clarification
Old 06-13-2017, 10:50 AM

Talking Lifesaver

Hi Brenda,

Please thank your colleague for me as this works perfectly and will moot the Port Forwarding screen for me using ssh sessions.

I still use the port forwarding for RDP and mysql but those are few and far between.

I appreciate the fast feedback.

Dries.
Old 01-08-2018, 03:16 PM
VanDyke Product Director

Quote:
Originally Posted by driesgroblerjr View Post
Hi,

Can the table used to add new "Local Port Forwarding" options please be made bigger or re-sizable?
The port forwarding GUI has been made taller in a pre-beta version of SecureCRT. If you'd like to try it, please email me at Maureen.Jett@vandyke.com.

Maureen
Old 02-02-2018, 07:17 PM

The dependent session to jump host is possible from a session we save inside SecureCRT representing node behind jump host. In order to connect to this node from outside SecureCRT e.g. Python script we still need a session in SecureCRT that we can invoke and keep alive. Is it possible to pass an argument to SecureCRT session from a Python script? This argument will be the remote node IP address behind the jump host.

Tags
aesthetics , look and feel , port forwarding , size , usability