Welcome to the VanDyke Software Forums

Join the discussion today!

Go Back   VanDyke Software Forums > Secure Shell

Old 05-20-2019, 09:15 AM

Why am I being logged out?

All;
I am running SecureCRT 8.3.3 that I use to log into maybe a couple of dozen different hosts. For 99% of those hosts I have no problem at all. However, for the remaining handful I find that I am being logged out of the system after an arbitrary and random amount of time. So my question is this. Is there a way with SecureCRT to figure out the reason why I'm being logged out? Any debugging, log files, etc? I looked in the profile for each host in question and I am sending a NO-OP every 60 seconds.I also looked in the .bashrc and .bash_profile files and they aren't showing any idle timeout settings. Any insight at all would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks;
Frank
Old 05-20-2019, 10:28 AM
VanDyke Technical Support

Hi cbbs70a,

Yes, there is a way to generate trace debug logs of the connection attempts!

Can you please refer to the following steps to generate a trace debug log of the connection attempt? Once you have generated the log, please ATTACH it to an email to support@vandyke.com, with "ATTN: Brittney - Forum Thread #13555" in the subject field.
  1. Launch SecureCRT and open SecureCRT's main "File" menu and select the "Trace Options" menu item.
  2. Open the "File" menu again and choose "Log Session..."
  3. Specify a path to your Desktop folder and a name of the log file, such as SCRT_Log.txt. For example: %APPDATA%\..\..\Desktop\SCRT_Log.txt
  4. Now attempt your connection again.
  5. Go to your Desktop folder and locate the SCRT_Log.txt file. Please send the SCRT_Log.txt file to me as an attachment to an email to support@vandyke.com. Please don't paste the contents of the log(s) on the Forums, as they may contain sensitive data.

This process is depicted in our YouTube video, "Trace Options Debug Logging in SecureCRT" :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzEUhvxKvyY

VanDyke Software
Technical Support
support@vandyke.com
(505) 332-5730