Welcome to the VanDyke Software Forums

Join the discussion today!

Go Back   VanDyke Software Forums > SecureCRT on the Mac

Old 09-09-2016, 06:31 PM

Any way to copy a line with newline included?

I often want to copy and paste a command I've just run in a remote SSH session. In other terminal emulators and SSH clients I've used, I'm able to just drag to the right to copy what I want plus the newline at the end. For example:

user@host:/var# df -h
Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on
/dev/sda3 6.6G 4.7G 1.9G 72% /

Let's say I want to re-run the df -h command repeatedly because of some process that's running. I'd drag from left to right over df -h and keep going, and I'd end up highlighting the entire line, which would result in me getting the df -h plus the new line. Then I just start right clicking as often as I need to paste and re-run the command.

In SecureCRT Mac, if I keep dragging to the right, nothing happens, I just get the command but not the newline, so I end up having to hit enter after pasting, or, I have to very carefully click at the start of what I want and drag down to the next line before the first character, without highlighting the first character, then the newline is successfully copied.

Wondering if there's an option I can turn on to let me copy the newline easier?

Thanks!
Old 09-12-2016, 01:38 PM
VanDyke Technical Support

Hi ispcolohost,

I have added this thread to a feature request in our product enhancement database for an option to include the carriage return at the end of the line when selecting a line of input. Should a future release of SecureCRT include this feature, notification will be posted here.

If you prefer direct email notification, send an email to support@vandyke.com and include "Feature Request - Forum Thread #12472" in the subject line or use this form from the support page of our website.

As a workaround, you can map to a button or a key any command you need to frequently access and do away with cut and paste entirely.

VanDyke Software
Technical Support
support@vandyke.com
(505) 332-5730
Old 12-11-2017, 04:49 PM
VanDyke Product Director

Quote:
Originally Posted by ispcolohost View Post
Wondering if there's an option I can turn on to let me copy the newline easier?
The ability to include the newline in a triple-click selection has been added to a pre-beta version of SecureCRT. If you'd like to try it, please email me at Maureen.Jett@vandyke.com.

Maureen