Welcome to the VanDyke Software Forums

Join the discussion today!

Go Back   VanDyke Software Forums > Scripting

Old 03-04-2018, 03:42 AM

Post is there a way to set SSH cipher before connect to remote device using script?

Hi,

i had created a script to login to many router/switch
but i have some devices that i would like to set to use a specific SSH cipher type before connect to them. can that be done?

i am using securecrt version 8.1 and vbscript

i have done some search that leads to the setoption
but i cant seems to find what optionname that need to specify SSH chiper type.
Old 03-04-2018, 08:39 AM
VanDyke Technical Support

Hi arcfox_ad,

Can you tell me a little more about the process you're using to connect? Are you connecting to the session inside of SecureCRT or is the script handling the connection? Are you connecting to saved sessions or creating ad-hoc connections?

Can you provide the script you are using for review?

VanDyke Software
Technical Support
support@vandyke.com
(505) 332-5730
Old 03-09-2018, 07:36 AM

the vbscript will be handling the connections to device. the connectintab method. this is working fine but some devices require the use of old key exchange method to coonect. it need to use the diffie hellman, but i would not was to enable it on the save session profile. is there a way to say like enable diffie hellman when connecting to this few device using vbscript?
Old 03-09-2018, 08:31 AM
VanDyke Technical Support

Hi arcfox_ad,

The ConnectInTab method takes a string parameter that specifies how a connection is to be made. The format of the string parameter matches the format of the command line arguments to SecureCRT. SecureCRT does not currently support setting the Key Exchange method from the command line.

I have recorded your idea in our database of SecureCRT feature requests so that the product director can evaluate it for possible inclusion in a future release.

Should a version of SecureCRT become available with this feature, we will be sure to let you know.

If you would like to be notified directly please send an email to Support@VanDyke.com with "Feature Request Forum Post 13034" in the subject line.

One option may be to create a copy of the session you need Diffie-Hellman for, enable that option in the GUI and only use this session when needed. Is there a reason you don't want to save this setting as part of the Saved Session?

VanDyke Software
Technical Support
support@vandyke.com
(505) 332-5730
Old 09-12-2018, 03:13 PM
VanDyke Product Director

The ability to specify key-exchange algorithms on the command line has been added to a pre-beta version of SecureCRT. Please email me at Maureen.Jett@vandyke.com if you would like to try it.

Maureen