Welcome to the VanDyke Software Forums

Join the discussion today!

Go Back   VanDyke Software Forums > General

Old 10-15-2019, 08:26 AM

SecureCRT on Linux

Hi,

I'm long time SecureCRT user, I use it mostly on Windows but sometimes I want to have it also on Linux.
In the past I was able to install it on Debian/Ubuntu but now the packages seem to be no longer compatible, the issue seems to be due to the old version of libssl used when the package binaries were compiled :

Code:
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of scrt:
 scrt depends on libssl1.0.0; however:
  Package libssl1.0.0 is not installed.
It would be nice if you could make the packages compatible also with newer version of Linux, like for example Debian 10
Old 10-15-2019, 12:57 PM
VanDyke Technical Support

Hi DanielT,

Debian is not a supported platform, which is why you had to install the necessary dependencies in order to get SecureCRT up and running on that platform. Please refer to the System Requirement page for SecureCRT 8.5.4:
https://www.vandyke.com/products/system_req.html

I have submitted a feature request on your behalf to add support of SecureCRT on Debian 10. Feature requests are typically prioritized based on a number of factors including, but not limited to, the number of requests and the amount of implementation work required.

Should a future release of SecureCRT include this functionality, notification will be posted here.

If you prefer direct email notification, send an email to support@vandyke.com and include **Feature Request - Forum Thread #13936** in the subject line.

VanDyke Software
Technical Support
support@vandyke.com
(505) 332-5730
Old 10-16-2019, 01:54 AM

Thumbs up

Hi Brittney,

Thanks for the reply,for the moment I have found a workaround and I can used with success SecureCRT also on Debian. If at some point Debian will also be supported it will be a nice thing