Welcome to the VanDyke Software Forums

Join the discussion today!

Go Back   VanDyke Software Forums > General

Notices

Old 11-14-2018, 02:32 AM

CRT stable vs beta configs

Hello guys,

for production I use SecureCRT 8.3.0. I also installed beta of 8.5 which expired at the beginning of November. I created some menu buttons in 8.5 and was a bit surprised it wasn't presented also in 8.3. Is 8.5beta button configs stored in other place than stable version ones? Just for the record I don't recall I messed with config location in 8.5beta.

Thanks!

It's not critical... I am just curious....
Old 11-14-2018, 09:03 AM
VanDyke Technical Support

Hi marek_k,

As a note, version 8.5.x has had an official release for awhile. We're now at version 8.5.1 and v8.5.2 is expected to be released tomorrow (November 15, 2018).

Are you talking about buttons on the Button Bar? (One place you wrote menu buttons, so I just want to be sure.)

If so, the INI file that corresponds to the Button Bar is named ButtonBarV#.ini and is found in SecureCRT's configuration folder. Every so often the # portion of that filename will change. In an upgrade scenario, this is seamless and the end user should not see any differences.

SecureCRT version 8.3.x used ButtonBarV4.ini and SecureCRT v8.5.x uses ButtonBarV5.ini.

It's not clear to me how you are sharing the config between your v8.3.x and v8.5.x installations. If the above does not answer your question, please elaborate on the problem you are trying to solve.

VanDyke Software
Technical Support
support@vandyke.com
(505) 332-5730
Old 11-15-2018, 01:15 AM

Thumbs up

Hi bgagnon,

Yes, I was talking about buttons on button bar. Thank you for clarifying what version number in INI filenames means

I just copied v5 to v4 and it works... at least buttons are present in 8.3.0.

Our company is a bit slow on updating SecureCRT to latest versions, which is sad... but I already created a ticket to do so for me.

Thank you and have a nice day!
Old 11-15-2018, 07:51 AM
VanDyke Technical Support

Hi marek_k,

Thanks for the update. The format of the INI file is not always guaranteed to remain the same between versions, but I am glad to hear it worked out for you.

VanDyke Software
Technical Support
support@vandyke.com
(505) 332-5730