Welcome to the VanDyke Software Forums

Join the discussion today!

Go Back   VanDyke Software Forums > General

Notices

Old 03-23-2016, 03:47 AM

Lightbulb [feat_req] fullscreen mod + lock session manager

Hello there

version 8 pushed a level of that particular type of software further again Typing completion in command window is a small revolution!

but back to requests:
1. is there any particular reason why fullscreen is not working for multiple windows opened (as tiles)?

2. this is just a wishlist, but to have a possibility to lock session manager. recently I accidentally drag&dropped an item to another folder

Excellent work anyway!
Old 03-23-2016, 07:56 AM
VanDyke Technical Support

Hi marek_k,

Quote:
1. is there any particular reason why fullscreen is not working for multiple windows opened (as tiles)?
Yes, full-screen mode is not presently available when sessions are opened in tiles, only as tabs.

I have added this thread to a feature request in our product enhancement database to add support for full-screen mode when using tiling. Should a future release of SecureCRT include this feature, notification will be posted here.

If you prefer direct email notification, send an email to support@vandyke.com and include "Feature Request - Forum Thread #12296" in the subject line or use this form from the support page of our website.

Quote:
2. this is just a wishlist, but to have a possibility to lock session manager. recently I accidentally drag&dropped an item to another folder
So you don't mean you want to lock Session Manager itself?

But instead locking the files and folders displayed?

The functionality does not presently exist, but I have created a feature request on your behalf in our product enhancement database for the ability to lock the sessions/folder state in Session Manager. Should a future release of SecureCRT include this feature, notification will be posted here.

If you prefer direct email notification, send an email to support@vandyke.com and include "Feature Request - Forum Thread #12296" in the subject line or use this form from the support page of our website.

Thanks for the positive feedback!

VanDyke Software
Technical Support
support@vandyke.com
(505) 332-5730
Old 03-24-2016, 01:44 AM

sorry for confusion in second point I've meant to lock a session manager itself (so you couldn't edit/delete/* sessions stored in your manager)
Old 03-24-2016, 07:28 AM
VanDyke Technical Support

Hi marek_k,

That is presently possible, by putting Session Manager into Auto Hide mode, but I am not sure it would necessarily prevent inadvertent moving or deleting of sessions/folders.

If on Windows, you can enable Auto Hide mode by clicking the pin in the Session Manager titlebar. When left/right, Auto Hide mode is on; when up/down, Auto Hide is off. When in Auto Hide mode, the Session Manager retracts into a sidebar and only displays when you hover over that sidebar. For example, after you double-click a session, it hides. You also cannot inadvertently undock Session Manager when Auto Hide is enabled. (On Mac/Linux, right-click any object in Session Manager and choose Auto Hide Session Manager.)

VanDyke Software
Technical Support
support@vandyke.com
(505) 332-5730