Welcome to the VanDyke Software Forums

Join the discussion today!

Go Back   VanDyke Software Forums > File Transfer

Old 02-18-2021, 01:38 PM

Password Expire

Does Vshell have a password expire function? We have been asked by our security group to expire passwords every 90 days.

--Keith
Old 02-18-2021, 02:32 PM
VanDyke Technical Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by wkolmstead View Post
Does Vshell have a password expire function? We have been asked by our security group to expire passwords every 90 days.
No, VShell itself does not currently have the capacity to control expiration of passwords.

Are you referring to passwords associated with Internal VShell-only user database accounts? If not, would you be so kind as to explain further?

VanDyke Software
Technical Support
support@vandyke.com
(505) 332-5730

Last edited by cboyack; 02-18-2021 at 03:11 PM.
Old 02-18-2021, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cboyack View Post
No, VShell itself does not currently have the capacity to control expiration of passwords.

Are you referring to passwords associated with Internal VShell-only user database accounts? If not, would you be so kind as to explain further?
Yes, we just use it as a simple sftp server with the accounts internal to vshell, not outside in windows.
Old 02-18-2021, 03:48 PM
VanDyke Technical Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by wkolmstead View Post
Yes, we just use it as a simple sftp server with the accounts internal to vshell, not outside in windows.
Unfortunately, as I mentioned earlier, VShell currently has no password expiration function.

Now that I know that you're using internal database accounts, I've added your information to a feature request to to enhance VShell with the capability to manage password expiration with internal database accounts. We'll post notification on this thread should such an option ever be implemented.

If you prefer direct email notification, send an email to support@vandyke.com and include Feature Request - Forum Thread #14431 in the subject line or use this form from the support page of our website.

VanDyke Software
Technical Support
support@vandyke.com
(505) 332-5730
Old 02-18-2021, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cboyack View Post
Unfortunately, as I mentioned earlier, VShell currently has no password expiration function.

Now that I know that you're using internal database accounts, I've added your information to a feature request to to enhance VShell with the capability to manage password expiration with internal database accounts. We'll post notification on this thread should such an option ever be implemented.

If you prefer direct email notification, send an email to support@vandyke.com and include Feature Request - Forum Thread #14431 in the subject line or use this form from the support page of our website.
Thank you for your quick response.