Welcome to the VanDyke Software Forums

Join the discussion today!

Go Back   VanDyke Software Forums > General

Old 02-02-2017, 11:43 AM

Cool Command Chat Window how to Mass Save??

Hi guys, love the software! Quick question I use command chat window to send the same commands to multiple servers I have. Lets say I'm adding stuff to a script via nano script.sh and now am done editing it and want to mass save it.

So obviously to save nano I normally would do cntrl+o then cntrl+x to exit nano, so is there a way to do that via the command chat and send to all?

That would be awesome, any help would be appreciated, thanks!
Old 02-02-2017, 12:21 PM
VanDyke Technical Support

Which version of SecureCRT are you using?

This information can be found in the About SecureCRT option in the main Help dropdown.

SecureCRT 8.0 (Beta 1) -- January 28, 2016 added a "Send Characters Immediately" mode to the Command window, which makes it possible to do the following in one or multiple sessions: stop commands using CTRL+C, edit files using an editor such as vi, send escape sequences, and do tab completion.

One way to accomplish this would be to put the Command window into "Send to All" and "Send Characters Immediately" modes at the same time (pressing Ctrl+Shift+S and Ctrl+Shift+I within the command window will toggle between these modes, respectively; or you can right-click in the Command window to get at these options from the context menu).

If the command window is in Send Characters Immediately mode and Send to All mode, pressing a Ctrl+o/x therein would send a Ctrl+o/x character to all connected sessions in the SecureCRT window.

If the version of SecureCRT you are using does not include this feature, you can check your upgrade eligibility by choosing Check for Updates from the main Help dropdown.

Does this information help to answer your question?

VanDyke Software
Technical Support
support@vandyke.com
(505) 332-5730