Welcome to the VanDyke Software Forums

Join the discussion today!

Go Back   VanDyke Software Forums > General

Old 02-10-2015, 06:26 AM

Suggestion for SecureCRT - Jumphost/Dependent Session selection in Quick Connect menu

Hello,

as the title states, it would be nice if you could define either a default jumphost/dependent session when you try to connect to a session via quick connect.

You can add it to the default session under Global Options, but it doesn't stick once you try to connect to a new session with QC.

Hopefully this could be added as an improvement, as I do often copy/paste IP addresses to quick connect to them.

It's not something that's super important, but it seems like its meant to be in place, just maybe not implemented fully yet
Old 02-10-2015, 08:44 AM
VanDyke Technical Support

Hi heresy,

Thanks for the suggestion. This would indeed be a great enhancement. We will post here if the ability to select a dependent session when using the Quick Connect dialog is added in a future SecureCRT release.

If you would like to be notified directly, please complete and submit the form at the following location:
Submit Feature Request

VanDyke Software
Technical Support
support@vandyke.com
505-332-5730

Last edited by rtb; 05-01-2015 at 08:29 AM. Reason: Incomplete sentence fix.
Old 02-26-2015, 07:57 AM

keymap to command

why don't add a keymap to command? it would be very usefull saving time for regular task.

Old 02-26-2015, 08:19 AM

another sugestion...

Another usefull sugestion could be to modify de "text box commands", I'm thinking in that text box like a notepad option, but, with the ability to send comand with right click action, and every line comand must be separate with ctrl+enter, for to make sections or paragraphs.
Old 02-26-2015, 09:41 AM

Hi asantosv_77,

Thanks for the posts.
Quote:
why don't add a keymap to command? it would be very usefull saving time for regular task.
If I understand your suggestion, it is possible to map a key to send a command. Here are the instructions to map a key to send a command:
  1. Press the Map a Key... button in the Terminal / Emulation / Mapped Keys category of the Session Options dialog.
  2. Press the key to map.
  3. Enter the command to send in the Send String inputbox.
You can also map a button on the Button Bar (View / Button Bar) to send a command. Here are the steps:
  1. Right-click on a blank space on the Button Bar and select New Button... from the context menu
  2. Enter the command to send in the Send String input box
  3. Provide a label for the button if desired
Quote:
Another usefull sugestion could be to modify de "text box commands", I'm thinking in that text box like a notepad option, but, with the ability to send comand with right click action, and every line comand must be separate with ctrl+enter, for to make sections or paragraphs.
I have created a feature request to add this capability. Should a future SecureCRT release include some sort of command buffer like you have described, we will post to this thread.

If you would like to be notified directly, please complete and submit the form at the following location:
Submit Feature Request

VanDyke Software
Technical Support
support@vandyke.com
505-332-5730
Old 05-01-2015, 08:26 AM
VanDyke Product Director

Quote:
Originally Posted by heresy View Post
Hello,

as the title states, it would be nice if you could define either a default jumphost/dependent session when you try to connect to a session via quick connect.

You can add it to the default session under Global Options, but it doesn't stick once you try to connect to a new session with QC.

Hopefully this could be added as an improvement, as I do often copy/paste IP addresses to quick connect to them.

It's not something that's super important, but it seems like its meant to be in place, just maybe not implemented fully yet
This has been added to a pre-beta version of SecureCRT. If you'd like to try it, please send email to me at Maureen.Jett@vandyke.com.

Maureen
Old 01-10-2016, 05:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maureen View Post
This has been added to a pre-beta version of SecureCRT. If you'd like to try it, please send email to me at Maureen.Jett@vandyke.com.

Maureen
I see that I forgot to update here. I have been using this feature for quite a while now, and it works perfectly
Old 01-10-2016, 06:00 PM

Hi heresy,

Thanks for posting the update! We are glad to hear the enhancement to dependent session works for you.

VanDyke Software
Technical Support
support@vandyke.com
(505) 332-5730