Welcome to the VanDyke Software Forums

Join the discussion today!

Go Back   VanDyke Software Forums > General

Old 09-28-2018, 08:29 AM

SecureCRT version 8.5.1 window/tab quesion

I noticed you can have multiple windows with tabs in each windows (see attachment). How is this done?

Whenever I create multiple windows I do not have the ability to attach tabs to them. Each session is in its own window.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture.JPG (115.3 KB, 362 views)
Old 09-28-2018, 09:41 AM
VanDyke Technical Support

Hi hooknife,

I believe you're looking for SecureCRT's Tab Groups functionality. First you will want to ensure that tabs are enabled (Window > Tabs). You will also want to confirm that SecureCRT is configured to open sessions in a tab. This is done by right clicking on a session in the Session Manager and enabling the Open Sessions in a Tab/Tile option.

With multiple tabs open you can create a new tab group by dragging a tab to the right side of the application window to create a vertical grouping or to the bottom to create a horizontal grouping. Once you have two or more tab groups created new tabs will appear in the tab group that is active when you connect. Tabs can also be dragged/dropped between tab groups.

Does this help get you the functionality you're looking for?

VanDyke Software
Technical Support
support@vandyke.com
(505) 332-5730
Old 09-28-2018, 10:04 AM

Ahhh, that was it! I've always been able to create a vertical group but could not figured out a horizontal one. I never noticed that if you pulled the tab down to the bottom the screen it would change color thus signifying the creation of a horizontal group. Thank you very much for your help!