Welcome to the VanDyke Software Forums

Join the discussion today!

Go Back   VanDyke Software Forums > Scripting

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-22-2010, 12:24 PM

Lightbulb vbtextcompare and string issue

Hello,

I am having an issue with running vbtextcompare within a string. The dim specified cannot be defined "dim xxx As String". Because it is not specified as a string securecrt throws a "type error" when it reaches that line. I have since tried "Option Explicit On" and "dim xxx As String" with not success. Any way you can take a look? I've attached the script. Oh and the goal of the script is telnetting into a entered array of ip addresses, sending a "show version" once connected and reading the serial numbers from the devices. Then the script dumps the serial numbers into excel. The hiccup is occuring at the 2nd sub-section which specifies the actions of pulling multiple serial numbers from a stack of switches. (Cisco switch stacks are joined with backplane cables and act as one switch from the command line. When you enter a "show version" on a switch stack it outputs all the switch serial numbers.) I want the vbtextcompare to find the "System serial number : " text and count how many times that text is found. That will specify how many switches are in the stack and therefore how many times to loop the serial number extraction section.

Thanks!

olivebranch2006

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: