Join the discussion today!

Go Back   VanDyke Software Forums > Scripting

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 02-03-2009, 04:01 PM

Once again, thanks Micheal.

Wes
Old 01-05-2011, 03:50 PM
VanDyke Product Director

The ability to open a file browser dialog from a script has been added to a pre-beta version of SecureCRT. If you would be interested in trying it, please send e-mail to me at Maureen.Jett@vandyke.com.

Maureen
Old 01-05-2011, 06:36 PM

Thanks again for your great support. When I get some time or need to write/rewrite a script, I may give this a try. The main problem I have is most of my scripts are written for others to run and getting them updated to a newer release isn't always possible.

Wes
Old 01-07-2011, 02:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maureen
The ability to open a file browser dialog from a script has been added to a pre-beta version of SecureCRT. If you would be interested in trying it, please send e-mail to me at Maureen.Jett@vandyke.com.

Maureen
Would this feature allow one to run another script from the dialog? I would like to have two different buttons under the 'Script'. One that points to a script which opens a dialog box with the working directory C:\ScriptDIR\1 and then a second button that opens a dialog box with the working dir c:\ScriptDIR\2. Then run whatever script is called.

As I understand this can be done but was not working and you have to be sure you do not have overlapping global variables as they could conflict.

If so, I would like to beta this.
Old 01-07-2011, 10:15 AM
VanDyke Product Director

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtphilk
Would this feature allow one to run another script from the dialog? I would like to have two different buttons under the 'Script'. One that points to a script which opens a dialog box with the working directory C:\ScriptDIR\1 and then a second button that opens a dialog box with the working dir c:\ScriptDIR\2. Then run whatever script is called.
Currently, only one script can be running at a time, so this would not be possible. I will enter a feature request for being able to run one script from another.

Maureen