VanDyke Software Forums

Go Back   VanDyke Software Forums > File Transfer
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-30-2017, 10:33 AM

File transfer number and Windows Task scheduler

I am running into a problem when launching a batch file on a Windows 2008 server to upload a large number of files (3,000+). Using the Windows scheduler with a small number of files the process is working fine. If I run the batch process manually by clicking on the cmd file it also runs fine but with the windows task scheduler the upload does not transfer files. I get the following:

00001: Transfer(00BEF600): Channel Closed: E110004F (The transport closed cleanly, but there were still channels active. All channels are being closed. )
2017-06-30 12:45:19, 00001: Transfer(00BEF600): Connection terminated abnormally (-536870885).

Unknown application error: E000001B

I am running SecureFX 8.0.4
Old 06-30-2017, 11:57 AM
VanDyke Technical Support

That error usually indicates that the communications channel between your machine and the remote file server went down outside of SecureFX's control.

The operating system notified SecureFX along the lines of, "Hey, you know that connection you were using to communicate to that other host? Well, I'm sorry to say that it got closed. Here's the error code that correlates to the reason why the connection went down: Connection terminated abnormally (-536870885)"

There might be other details that we can use to troubleshoot further, but such details are only available through inspecting a the SecureFX debug log and/or the debug log of the file transfer server to which you're connecting.

To configure SecureFX to generate a log file:
  1. Open SecureFX and choose Options / Global Options.

2. Browse to the File Transfer / Options / Advanced category in the "Global Options" dialog and turn on the "Enable log output to file" option.

3. Specify a filename in the "Log filename" field. For example:
    %APPDATA%\..\..\Desktop\SecureFXLog.txt
    (the above will result in a log file saved to your desktop)
  4. Press the "OK" button to close the Global Options dialog.

SecureFX logs can contain some sensitive information (like hostname, IP address, filenames, paths, etc.) that would not be appropriate to post to a public forum such as this.
If you desire further assistance, please:
  1. Enable logging as described
  2. Attempt your large transfer again, and then after the failure occurs,
  3. Compose an email to support@vandyke.com with a subject of ATTN: Forum thread #12741.
  4. Please be sure to include the serial number associated with your SecureFX license registration info, and
  5. Locate the log file, and attach it to your email message.

If it's not possible to determine the cause of the issue using the SecureFX log's info, you should reach out to the administrator of the file transfer server and ask them for info as to why the transfer seems to be failing from the server's perspective.

--Jake
support@vandyke.com
http://www.vandyke.com/support
Old 07-05-2017, 06:17 AM

I enabled logging as described above and don't see any additional information other than from the logging enabled on the command line.

Running the script by double clicking on it does work but not when run under the Windows task scheduler.

Running a similar script for the download works fine under the Windows task scheduler

I've stripped everything out but the call to sfxcl with the same results.

I don't understand how the remote server would be able to determine how the process is launched and running a similar script as download works fine through the Windows task scheduler.

Running a similar script for the download works fine under the Windows task scheduler.
Old 07-05-2017, 08:41 AM

Hi Jeffrey,

Jake is not available.

What is the SFXCL command-line you are using?

If it contains sensitive data, please redact it, or just send the complete log file via email per Jake's instructions in the prior post. The log file will contain the command-line.

VanDyke Software
Technical Support
support@vandyke.com
(505) 332-5730
Old 07-05-2017, 10:07 AM

The problem was due to the default priority setup by the task scheduler which caused the connection to the remote server to time-out during the Reading of local directories portion of the process.

I found the solution to speed up the scheduled task online which required exporting the task from the Windows task scheduler, changing the priority from the default of 7 to 4 and then importing the file with the changed priority as a new task so that the scheduled process priority is the now set the same as interactive.

Thank you for the quick response.
Old 07-05-2017, 10:08 AM

Hi Jeffrey,

Excellent, I am glad to hear you found a solution. Thanks for posting an update!

VanDyke Software
Technical Support
support@vandyke.com
(505) 332-5730