Welcome to the VanDyke Software Forums

Join the discussion today!

Go Back   VanDyke Software Forums > General

Old 02-14-2008, 09:45 AM

Screen resize issue in SecureCRT

I've been trying out SecureCRT and there seems to be a screen resize issue. I am running under Vista, connecting to FreeBSD and Linux boxes. When I first launch SecureCRT and connect to a box, everything seems okay. However, as soon as I resize my screen there is a mismatch in what SecureCRT thinks the screen size is and what the remote host thinks it is. The difference is two lines, so as soon as my screen fills up, my command prompt goes beyond the visible window. I can still enter commands, I just can't see what I'm typing. I've discovered that if I switch from VT100 mode to ANSI mode the problem corrects itself, but the screen shrinks by two lines when I switch modes. If I switch back to VT100 mode again, the screen size is reduced by two more lines. The fix is only temporary as well--as soon as I resize the window the problem returns.

The problem seems to happen on all hosts, both FreeBSD and Linux, and in all active tabs. Is this a known problem? Is there a fix? I am currently running build 183. I should also point out that this problem did not seem to happen in beta version I originally tried out.
Old 02-14-2008, 10:09 AM

Hi ManOfSteele,

Thank you for reporting this issue.

We have had reports of this issue occurring in SecureCRT and we do have a resolution in a new build of SecureCRT.

This fix will also be in SecureCRT 6.0.1 which should be released late next week.

If you would like to the build of SecureCRT that has the resolution for the shrinking of the window when resizing, please send me a message and reference this forum thread (2753).

Teresa

Teresa Nygren
Old 02-14-2008, 02:09 PM

I've downloaded and installed the build you uploaded but the problem remains. The About box says I am running version 6.0.1 build 211. The screen size is definitely confused. When I first open SecureCRT, everything appears to be okay. My command line remains visible even when the screen fills and starts to scroll. In the status bar though something doesn't look right. It shows two pairs of values--the screen size and my current cursor position. Right now my screen shows 70 rows x 126 columns. However, when my cursor is located at the last line of the screen, the cursor position field shows 68, not 70. When I try to resize the screen a little bit, the screen height and cursor position suddenly both show the same value, but I can no longer see the command prompt--it's now two lines below the visible screen. I can still fix the problem by switching between vt100/ansi terminal modes, so I'm surviving, but a fix would be nice. Is there any other information you need?
Old 02-14-2008, 02:52 PM

Hi ManOfSteele,

It appears that this may be a different issue than the one reported previously.

Could you send me a screen shot of what is occurring when VT100 emulation is used?

Would it also be possible to get a raw log of the connection with the VT100 and one for the ANSI emulations?

To create a raw log:

1. Before connecting with the session, select Raw Log Session from SecureCRT's File menu.

2. In the Select Log File dialog, choose a folder and filename in which you would like the log text to be stored and click the Save button. At this point, if you open the File menu, you will notice that Raw Log Session now has a check-mark next to it; this indicates that raw logging is activated.

3. Now connect to the remote machine and perform the actions which cause the reported problem to occur.

4. Disconnect the session and select Raw Log Session from the File menu to turn off the raw log feature.

5. Browse to the location of the raw log file and attach it to your reply to the email that I sent previously.

Teresa

Teresa Nygren