Welcome to the VanDyke Software Forums

Join the discussion today!

Go Back   VanDyke Software Forums > General

Old 10-18-2017, 12:57 PM

Beta 1490 Button Bar bugs

Hi,

I am using SecureCRT 8.3 beta 1490 and have noticed a couple of bugs with the button bar:

- if I create a button to run a script, it will work until I quit SecureCRT. When I relaunch, the new button is there but the path to the script is lost. If I edit ButtonBarV4.ini by hand to include the path then the path is preserved correctly

- when a button is moved, the script path of the button and all other buttons "disturbed" by the move is lost and must be re-entered.
Old 10-18-2017, 01:42 PM
VanDyke Customer Support

Hi ngrison

Thank you for letting us know. I was able to reproduce the problem on a virtual machine and I have created an entry for you in our bug tracking database. We will want to contact you when our developers have a version of SecureCRT fof you to try. Please send a message to support@vandyke.com referencing this forum thread so that we will be able to contact you directly when the issue is resolved.

Thanks

JJH
Old 10-20-2017, 09:34 AM
VanDyke Technical Support

Hi ngrison,

Our QA/DEV team believes they have a version of SecureCRT 8.3 that addresses the issue you were seeing with buttons losing the script path.

If you would like to try this version please send an email to Support@VanDyke.com with "Attn Eric Forum Post 12864" in the subject line.

VanDyke Software
Technical Support
support@vandyke.com
(505) 332-5730